Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Charging (JuiceBox) - 2020 MX slower than 2019 M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All, I just picked up a 2020 LR MX this week. Earlier this year, I bought a May 2019 build Model 3 LR AWD. I installed a dedicated 50 amp line to my garage, which I use with a JuiceBox (didn't install Tesla b/c we also have a plug-in hybrid Volvo).

The M3 charges happily at 40amp, but the MX will only go up to 30 amp. I've set the charging rate on the MX's screen to both 40 and 48amp, but it still only charges at 30 amp. Since we're both sharing one charger now, charging speed kinda matters to us.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Weird @fairweather.. I have a JuiceBox 40 on a 50amp circuit and purchased a Model 3 Long Range in May.

I'm looking to sell my XC90 T8 soon that I charge with the JuiceBox and pick up a long range Model X soon.

Good luck, I'll pay attention to this thread.

Weird @fairweather.. I have a JuiceBox 40 on a 50amp circuit and purchased a Model 3 Long Range in May.

I'm looking to sell my XC90 T8 soon that I charge with the JuiceBox and pick up a long range Model X soon.

Good luck, I'll pay attention to this thread.
Well, in a few days, the MX charging menu started letting me increase the amps past 30. So I now set it to 48, but it charges at the expected 40. I wish I could tell you I did something to fix it, but it just started working!

We just sold our XC90 T8 on Saturday. The dealer (Walnut Creek Volvo) gave us a great deal... about $5,600 OVER CarMax and a local used car dealer. Obviously, private sale is best, but I don't have the time for doing that any more.