Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Delivery in NH (Carrier Direct)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, home delivery has been a nightmare so far.

They never reach out with updates first, I have to message to get any information, even when they say they'll give me an update.

Wednesday 2/15
They told me they're assigning a truck and they expect delivery to be Friday, Saturday at the latest. They'll update me once it is assigned with a firm date later that day.

Thursday 2/16
I ask if Friday delivery is confirmed so I can arrange my work schedule accordingly. Apparently 'Aleks', the person that was supposed to give me an update the day before doesn't work Thursdays and no one else can tell me when it's coming on Friday, or if it is even coming. After multiple attempts to get an answer, they tell me I'll get an update first thing in the morning Friday - not very helpful for work scheduling.

Friday 2/17
No answer all morning to my texts, they finally respond at 11AM saying that the truck is there to pick up my car and it will now be delivered Saturday. I ask for an ETA because I have plans and want to make sure I'm home, they just say it will be the afternoon and the driver will text me ahead of time with a heads up.

Saturday 2/18
I text at 1PM asking for an update as I haven't heard from anyone. They reply with "the car is in transit through CT at the moment along with two other vehicles on the truck. The driver will text you once you are his next stop." At 7PM I text saying I still have not heard anything and attempt to call - of course they're closed and I get no response, the car never shows up and I never hear from the driver.

Sunday 2/19
I again had to cancel my plans for the day because I have no idea if or when this car is going to show up at my house, what happens if I'm not here? As of 11AM no response from my texts yesterday evening, so I send another. Get a short response saying "the transporter will be in touch with you once he is near your home. Thanks for your patience." Well, that is what they told me yesterday. I request that someone call me, they of course do not and send back "once picked up - transportation updates are provided by the 3rd party transportation company directly." My argument is that I paid Tesla $750 for transportation, not a 3rd party company. As far as I'm concerned they are responsible for the delivery as they're the ones who took my money, I do not even have the name or contact info for this 3rd party company.

I ask "is the car 100% coming today?", their response "As mentioned, your next point of contact will be the carrier once they have a closer ETA on drop off." I requested the name and contact info for the carrier that has my car, Tesla is refusing to provide it saying that they passed my request on to the 'local team' but NJ doesn't work Sunday so they'll contact me tomorrow.

So I'm on day 3 of canceling work and plans waiting around for the car to show up. I thought carrier direct would save me time and hassle, I couldn't have been more wrong. I'll update the thread when I have more information. At this point, I can only hope the car comes defect free.

My recommendation to anyone else considering carrier direct right now would be to take the trip to NJ, it's not worth your time or sanity dealing with Tesla customer service.

The car came today, I got a text 30 minutes out from the delivery driver. I did a quick inspection, and I'm happy with it so far. There were a few minor issues that, if it weren't for a checklist, I wouldn't have even noticed, so I'm not going to worry about them. The car is pretty dirty, I need to clean it up and take a more thorough look at the paint and do a test drive still.

In one of the responses from Tesla last night, they said I did not have to be here to receive the car, though when I originally switched to carrier direct, the sales person told me I did have to be here. I did have to sign for the car when it was dropped off, so I honestly have no idea, as I also found others being told conflicting things here on the forums. Regardless, I'm still upset over the delivery process taking four days of my time. If Tesla had told me initially I didn't have to be here, and that is true, their poor communication and missing the delivery dates would have just been a minor annoyance instead of a major one.

There was one other blue model Y on the trailer getting delivered to someone in NH today.

Reactions: kayak1
The car came today, I got a text 30 minutes out from the delivery driver. I did a quick inspection, and I'm happy with it so far. There were a few minor issues that, if it weren't for a checklist, I wouldn't have even noticed, so I'm not going to worry about them. The car is pretty dirty, I need to clean it up and take a more thorough look at the paint and do a test drive still.

In one of the responses from Tesla last night, they said I did not have to be here to receive the car, though when I originally switched to carrier direct, the sales person told me I did have to be here. I did have to sign for the car when it was dropped off, so I honestly have no idea, as I also found others being told conflicting things here on the forums. Regardless, I'm still upset over the delivery process taking four days of my time. If Tesla had told me initially I didn't have to be here, and that is true, their poor communication and missing the delivery dates would have just been a minor annoyance instead of a major one.

There was one other blue model Y on the trailer getting delivered to someone in NH today.
Car arrived today. Only issue was I got a text with about 1.5hrs of advance notification - and I was already driving into work. But was able to get back home in time

Suppose I need to check for trailer hitch as well as charging function still

Reactions: kayak1