Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink Issues since V10?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No issues with V10, those with serious issues, check and see if your current opener has the waffler style LED light. If you do, remove it and give it a try. This type really interferes with Homelink.

Fred

Apparently you don’t get the Homelink button in the Tesla app under controls if you don’t have FSD option.
Although the release notes do not mention FSD as being a prerequisite.
I agree with this as well. I finally received a response from Tesla that states what the release notes failed too.

"
Hi,

Thank you for contacting Tesla. At the current time, the Homelink button is only in the application for vehicles that have AutoPilot or Full Self Driving. I will certainly submit your request as feedback to be reviewed by the appropriate parties for future updates.

If you have any other questions or need anything else, please let us know. Thank you for being part of the Tesla community.

Kind Regards,

Josh A. | Tesla Support
12832 Frontrunner Blvd., Draper, UT 84020
Customer and Product Support | Tesla Support"

I’ve noticed no changes in HomeLink reliability since V10, which is to say 99% reliable. Every now and then it forgets to close the door as we back away. I think that may be when we’ve interrupted the routine in some way. (Like running back into the house for a forgotten item.)

Reactions: Nikola3327