Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink operation.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if it’s been answered but I couldn’t find it here or on Tesla’s site. Does the Homelink option in the Model 3 work like it does on the Model S/X with the GPS to automatically open and close the garage door?

I got mine installed today and it will only open automatically (yes I have close upon leaving clicked). Then when I pull back in it says it's closing upon leaving and shuts the door in my face. After deleting and reprogramming, trying everything I could think of while looking like a total lunatic for a half hour driving in and out of my driveway..... I finally gave up.

Is yours working pwdr?

I got mine installed today and it will only open automatically (yes I have close upon leaving clicked). Then when I pull back in it says it's closing upon leaving and shuts the door in my face. After deleting and reprogramming, trying everything I could think of while looking like a total lunatic for a half hour driving in and out of my driveway..... I finally gave up.

Is yours working pwdr?
Did you double check the distance to activate? I have mine set at about 20-30 ft.

I haven’t received mine for the 3 yet. My X and S I only used the auto open feature. Early on there were reports of the door closing on top of cars so I never chanced it.

I always stay long enough to make sure the door closes anyway so it’s not that big of a deal to push close on the screen and watch it. I just hate having to have a separate openener.

Did you double check the distance to activate? I have mine set at about 20-30 ft.
I think the closest I had it set to during all my testing was 40 as that would open just in time. Interestingly though, didn't touch anything new today and it auto closed when pulling away and auto opened when I came home just as it should. Wish I had a rhyme or reason why, I just hope it continues working like this tomorrow.