Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink unable to auto-close after HW3 retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my Model 3 since August 2018, and from the beginning was able to program Homelink to auto-open and auto-close from 60 feet away. Last week I got my HW3 retrofit and since then have been unable to have Homelink auto-close the garage door (it will auto-open).

I've programmed, reprogrammed, deleted the original link, added a new link, added a second link (for the same garage door), changed the autoclose/auto-open footage from 60 feet to 70, then to 50- all to no avail. Upon leaving the garage I have to press the HomeLink icon in order to close the garage door (not a big deal I have to admit). Homelink will auto-open upon arrival.

Any suggestions will (hopefully( be helpful.

I've had my Model 3 since August 2018, and from the beginning was able to program Homelink to auto-open and auto-close from 60 feet away. Last week I got my HW3 retrofit and since then have been unable to have Homelink auto-close the garage door (it will auto-open).

I've programmed, reprogrammed, deleted the original link, added a new link, added a second link (for the same garage door), changed the autoclose/auto-open footage from 60 feet to 70, then to 50- all to no avail. Upon leaving the garage I have to press the HomeLink icon in order to close the garage door (not a big deal I have to admit). Homelink will auto-open upon arrival.

Any suggestions will (hopefully( be helpful.
I got my HW3 upgrade just over a week ago and noticed this same issue. After a few days it started working again. I didn't change any settings for HomeLink or my Home location, it just started working after a few days. I did perform multiple resets for other issues, so maybe this helped, not sure.

I had broken homelink geofence functionality when I got the hardware upgrade, but it eventually resolved. I did re-set the home location, but I can't remember if that helped. It's been quite a while ago.