Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HomeLink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wish you can set the auto open and close distance separately. The loaner S has it so I tried it to see if I want to spend $300. I didn’t like driving off without seeing my door close so I’d always tap to close the door. I think I will stick with the MyQ shortcut on my phone for now and wait for the rumored support for WiFi garage door openers.

Had it in my S, been resisting to get it for the Y. It is convenience, but auto open and close can be have errors sometime. I am also holding off since there might be a chance that it will be Wifi based later. Remember seeing an article about it and Elon tweet about it. My garage door has wifi already so don't want to waste $300 if I don't have to. Haha, opening and closing the garage door myself isn't that hard.

Wish you can set the auto open and close distance separately. The loaner S has it so I tried it to see if I want to spend $300. I didn’t like driving off without seeing my door close so I’d always tap to close the door. I think I will stick with the MyQ shortcut on my phone for now and wait for the rumored support for WiFi garage door openers.

You definitely can set the open and close separately. Mine is set to open automatically but I must tap the icon to close. The Tesla ranger who installed the Homelink suggested this setup and I prefer it.

Reactions: Klau2
Can Homelink open and close 2 doors? My fence has an opener, and then my garage as a second. If I can auto adjust both that would be great, but I definitely don't want my huge fence to shut on my car while I'm backing out because I'm farther away from my house .

Can Homelink open and close 2 doors? My fence has an opener, and then my garage as a second. If I can auto adjust both that would be great, but I definitely don't want my huge fence to shut on my car while I'm backing out because I'm farther away from my house .

Yes, and each door control can have its "auto-close" & "auto-open" settings. You can set one to open 10ft away while the other one is 30ft away.

I have MyQ too but it takes so long to load and connect it's a pain for regular use. Had Homelink installed yesterday and it works very well though like you I wish you could set distances separately. I use 100' and would like 50' for closing in a perfect world...