Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi @rayclaxton ,

Welcome to TMC !!!

Please help us to help you.
We need to know the Model of your car
as well as the year, and if it has any specialty packages of options.

I apologize if this is in your signature.
I am responding on a phone which does not show your signature.

On the “Software” panel of your car there is blue highlighted text that says
“Additional information.”
That panel will show if Homelink is installed.

Please update with your information.

Thank you,

Shawn

I tried to use the Homelink feature on my 2024 X and had nothing but issues. It programmed and worked just fine from the car screen, but then I started getting phantom garage door openings when I was miles away or had the X parked in the garage overnight. I finally gave up and deleted it and moved back to the manual "clicker" for now. I may explore it again in the future, but having my garage randomly open when I'm away concerned me a bit!

I tried to use the Homelink feature on my 2024 X and had nothing but issues. It programmed and worked just fine from the car screen, but then I started getting phantom garage door openings when I was miles away or had the X parked in the garage overnight. I finally gave up and deleted it and moved back to the manual "clicker" for now. I may explore it again in the future, but having my garage randomly open when I'm away concerned me a bit!
If you were miles away, you have something else going on. The Homelink transmitter *might* have 500 feet of range, not miles.