Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horrible customer service after reservation Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a red demo model RN118191269 on December 14 via chat and asked to remove the enhanced autopilot. Agent told me the model was 68, 240 plus incentive and it was as a 2023 model. While insuring, I realized I was a 2022.

December 15th, I scheduled delivery of that model with Kisco TESLA, NY for Dec 23, regardless. The app reservation continued to show the enhanced autopilot. Trying to reach Tesla via email, and phone- to no avail. Calls weren't returned and email not acknowldged.

Dec 21 an agent (Leilawnee) confirmed the autopilot had NOT been taken off. She said she would initiate the autopilot removal and final price would be $68, 240.

Suddenly, the car dropped from the app, and I saw that a different car was posted with a different VIN.
Christopher, Dec 21st chat acknowledged that the car was switched without telling me.

Kim <phone number redacted> called me back and confirmed the car had been switched without communication. This car was now $5000 more. Kim told me she would investigate it. On Dec 22nd I received a message from KIM that the VIN had indeed been replaced, and a message from Feryal that the car was no longer available for pick up on Dec 23 and scheduled for Jan 4.

Emails to the delivery Tesla location were rejected and blocked.

I have no intention to buy a car that has no end-of-the-year incentive and is much more expensive than the car that was scheduled. I am extremely disappointed with TESLA and the lack of communication in this process.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered a red demo model RN118191269 on December 14 via chat and asked to remove the enhanced autopilot. Agent told me the model was 68, 240 plus incentive and it was as a 2023 model. While insuring, I realized I was a 2022.

December 15th, I scheduled delivery of that model with Kisco TESLA, NY for Dec 23, regardless. The app reservation continued to show the enhanced autopilot. Trying to reach Tesla via email, and phone- to no avail. Calls weren't returned and email not acknowldged.

Dec 21 an agent (Leilawnee) confirmed the autopilot had NOT been taken off. She said she would initiate the autopilot removal and final price would be $68, 240.

Suddenly, the car dropped from the app, and I saw that a different car was posted with a different VIN.
Christopher, Dec 21st chat acknowledged that the car was switched without telling me.

Kim called me back and confirmed the car had been switched without communication. This car was now $5000 more. Kim told me she would investigate it. On Dec 22nd I received a message from KIM that the VIN had indeed been replaced, and a message from Feryal that the car was no longer available for pick up on Dec 23 and scheduled for Jan 4.

Emails to the delivery Tesla location were rejected and blocked.

I have no intention to buy a car that has no end-of-the-year incentive and is much more expensive than the car that was scheduled. I am extremely disappointed with TESLA and the lack of communication in this process.
Go to the showroom and stop dealing with these people over the phone and chat. Lately the lines have been so long I just drove to the showroom and had what I wanted fixed. Plus, customer service is not great for

Last edited by a moderator: