Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horrible Customer Service Twice in a Week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been a big Tesla fan, and customer service has been fairly decent so far. We are in Raleigh, NC, and went to Savannah, GA, over the weekend. When we were coming back Saturday night, we had a driver-side rear tire blew up on our Model X in Florence, SC. We called Tesla Emergency Roadside assistance and the experience was horrible. The person answering the phone wasn't helpful and kept saying they cover 50 miles wherever I wanted to take the Tesla for service. When you are with your family in an unknown town under-stressed, a person should have been more empathetic. Anyway, we didn't get any service from Tesla and ran out of options. We finally got a local person who has been fixing tires and had him put in 255 tire even though Model x on the rear requires 275. We couldn't find the right tire in Florence, SC on Saturday night or Sunday. We finally got to Raleigh Sunday night with 255 in place. Big thanks to the local tire person. That experience was horrible.

We tried to schedule an appointment with the Tesla service center in Raleigh with no luck until Friday, July 30. I started to send a message to the service center since there are no other communication methods. It is very frustrating when you can't explain what you are going through. They finally agreed to have me come in today - Tuesday. I dropped off my Model x at 12:15 EST and explained to the service center to replace a non-standard tire and check the other three to make sure there is no immediate risk. They agreed to do that and told me the car would be ready by 5-6 PM EST. I told them I am going out of town tomorrow morning and need a car. I got a message around 5 PM EST saying the car is ready to go. I paid the amount on the invoice and went to pick it up. The car was still in the service center and came to find out nothing was done to the car. There were only salespeople left and no one from the service center. Now I have to cancel my early morning trip to DC and change my whole plan. This is horrible customer service at the best. I sent an email to the service center manager but haven't received a response from her. Raleigh service center isn't the best and overall Tesla customer service is BAD. I am not sure how I can escalate this issue. I am going to tweet and add Mr. Musk. Any thoughts and assistance from this forum would be much appreciated. Thank you so much.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Sorry to hear that. This is a big fear of mine. In hindsight, is there anything you could have done differently or recommend to others traveling with kids? Would you suggest having a full size spare?

As for the customer service, I suspect some of this is supply and demand and they have demand on their side. I feel like I have to jump through hoops for the privilege of buying a Tesla. I am about to drop $44k at the SC here in Charlotte and cannot even get someone to return a phone call or text (my pick up date is Sunday).

I wouldn't even think to call a car manufacturer to deal with my flat tire, because I didn't even know that is a thing. My first thought would be to call CAA, and maybe as plan-b, insurance and see if they have a preferred/recommended towing service.

I'm surprised Tesla Emergency Roadside assistance covers flat tires within 50 miles (80 km in Canada) of a service center - that's a nice bonus.

I'd give the service manager some time to respond (maybe a week?), and if you don't hear anything, at that point I'd go straight to my local paper/news station because not being able to get someone responsible at a local business is batshit crazy.

Reactions: WhiteWi
I wouldn't even think to call a car manufacturer to deal with my flat tire, because I didn't even know that is a thing. My first thought would be to call CAA, and maybe as plan-b, insurance and see if they have a preferred/recommended towing service..
Yep, always contact Tesla. Best way is through the app, emergency road service will usually call you back very quickly. Tesla ERS trucks carry spare Tesla tires and are contracted and trained by Tesla. If they replace your tire with a spare, they will take your tire to nearest service center for repair or replacement. One time for me, they did not have the spare, so they towed my car to the service center. All for $0. I did have to pay for a new tire, I guess a four inch gash in the sidewall is not repairable. <sigh>

I have been a big Tesla fan, and customer service has been fairly decent so far. We are in Raleigh, NC, and went to Savannah, GA, over the weekend. When we were coming back Saturday night, we had a driver-side rear tire blew up on our Model X in Florence, SC. We called Tesla Emergency Roadside assistance and the experience was horrible. The person answering the phone wasn't helpful and kept saying they cover 50 miles wherever I wanted to take the Tesla for service. When you are with your family in an unknown town under-stressed, a person should have been more empathetic. Anyway, we didn't get any service from Tesla and ran out of options. We finally got a local person who has been fixing tires and had him put in 255 tire even though Model x on the rear requires 275. We couldn't find the right tire in Florence, SC on Saturday night or Sunday. We finally got to Raleigh Sunday night with 255 in place. Big thanks to the local tire person. That experience was horrible.

We tried to schedule an appointment with the Tesla service center in Raleigh with no luck until Friday, July 30. I started to send a message to the service center since there are no other communication methods. It is very frustrating when you can't explain what you are going through. They finally agreed to have me come in today - Tuesday. I dropped off my Model x at 12:15 EST and explained to the service center to replace a non-standard tire and check the other three to make sure there is no immediate risk. They agreed to do that and told me the car would be ready by 5-6 PM EST. I told them I am going out of town tomorrow morning and need a car. I got a message around 5 PM EST saying the car is ready to go. I paid the amount on the invoice and went to pick it up. The car was still in the service center and came to find out nothing was done to the car. There were only salespeople left and no one from the service center. Now I have to cancel my early morning trip to DC and change my whole plan. This is horrible customer service at the best. I sent an email to the service center manager but haven't received a response from her. Raleigh service center isn't the best and overall Tesla customer service is BAD. I am not sure how I can escalate this issue. I am going to tweet and add Mr. Musk. Any thoughts and assistance from this forum would be much appreciated. Thank you so much.
I'm just happen to go in this model x forum and saw your complaint about Tesla Service. I finally got a Tesla may 2 2021 after 9 years of dreaming. it's a 2013 MS 85. The NHTSA and Tesla has a recall out for the eMMC memory board long story I finnaly got them to replace the memory board at the same time I had them replace the touchscreen was leaking the lcd liquid (2012-2016 bubbles and leaking lcd screens are becoming common problem) what i went through from that day on at the Costa mesa ca. service center is not humane to say the least and the fact that there is NO phone # to call in the entire corporation is unbelievable the largest automobile manufacturer in the world has no phone #. 5 employees from that SC lied made a story from a lie tried to cover for each other I finally got the district managers Email I thought I won the lottery! I immediately emailed him 5 days went by emailed him again he responded back basically trying to cover up for the previous 5 employees. I looked up two of these so called service managers on LinkedIn you would think being a service manager for a auto service center would have some automotive background no none at all they know a car has 4 tires beyond that....I know Tesla's service division needs help even Elon Musk just recently described what a manager's role and responsibilities should be: Know What Your Managing and Think how you can make it better. I know Elon himself wouldn't want what I went through to happen at all. one of the managers didn't want to give me his and two previous employees I dealt with their last names I asked why not he said because he didn't want their names on the internet at that moment I knew something is wrong his name Farzin Morena I finally found out their complete names. just Google Farzin Morena you think Mr Musk wants him working for him? how he treated me and what he tried to do me and another customer that just so happened to deal with Farzin is unexceptable. I think we should start a forum just for Tesla Service complements and complaints and maybe even have a phone # to call heck let's make a website call it Tesla Motors Customer C&C.

This is like a horror movie. Never hear this is amount of complains from BMW or Mercedes or Honda, but moreover style and response how this is Service centers handle customers request- ridiculous. They simply don't care. I don't tell it's a 100%, but if 30-40% for whole North America it's a lot. Sad.

I am a new member, but for my 1.5 month own M3LR I found very difficult to communicate with Service. For me much more easy communicate with this is forum members and get answers than with a Tesla support. M3LR - I am enjoying the car no questions , but service different.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WhiteWi
Conversely, my wife got a flat tire yesterday afternoon (huge screw in it), totally flat. I used the roadside assistance feature in the mobile app, she got a text within minutes saying they could either tow the car to a service center, or arrange a mobile visit for Monday. As she was in a car park, she chose to get towed. They said someone would be there within 60 mins - and they turned up literally at the 60 min mark.

Car was flat bedded to Fort Lauderdale, where I got a message in the mobile app saying they had received the car and would contact me in the morning (was 5pm by this point). I got a follow up at 9am this morning saying they needed to replace the tire and asking for the go ahead - which I gave. They also said they were going to take care of a couple of recalls and would have it all ready by 12pm. Went to pick it up and all everything was complete on time.

Great service and communication (via text message and mobile app) from beginning to end from both roadside assistance and the service center.

I'm just happen to go in this model x forum and saw your complaint about Tesla Service. I finally got a Tesla may 2 2021 after 9 years of dreaming. it's a 2013 MS 85. The NHTSA and Tesla has a recall out for the eMMC memory board long story I finnaly got them to replace the memory board at the same time I had them replace the touchscreen was leaking the lcd liquid (2012-2016 bubbles and leaking lcd screens are becoming common problem) what i went through from that day on at the Costa mesa ca. service center is not humane to say the least and the fact that there is NO phone # to call in the entire corporation is unbelievable the largest automobile manufacturer in the world has no phone #. 5 employees from that SC lied made a story from a lie tried to cover for each other I finally got the district managers Email I thought I won the lottery! I immediately emailed him 5 days went by emailed him again he responded back basically trying to cover up for the previous 5 employees. I looked up two of these so called service managers on LinkedIn you would think being a service manager for a auto service center would have some automotive background no none at all they know a car has 4 tires beyond that....I know Tesla's service division needs help even Elon Musk just recently described what a manager's role and responsibilities should be: Know What Your Managing and Think how you can make it better. I know Elon himself wouldn't want what I went through to happen at all. one of the managers didn't want to give me his and two previous employees I dealt with their last names I asked why not he said because he didn't want their names on the internet at that moment I knew something is wrong his name Farzin Morena I finally found out their complete names. just Google Farzin Morena you think Mr Musk wants him working for him? how he treated me and what he tried to do me and another customer that just so happened to deal with Farzin is unexceptable. I think we should start a forum just for Tesla Service complements and complaints and maybe even have a phone # to call heck let's make a website call it Tesla Motors Customer C&C.
I’m experiencing the same thing right now with Mr Farzin. Amazing

I just wanted to let the community know that I just had some interaction with Farzin Morena.

I am trying to lease my tesla thru a third party leasing company and am having an incredible amount of difficulty dealing with Marilla Miller from the Wexford Pa sales center Marilla a sales person who needs more training in Tesla’s third party leasing forms, and much more importantly much more training when it comes to communicating with customers.

After several attempts to speak with Marilla’s superior this morning I received a call from Mr Morena. I must say he did not provide the outcome that I wanted. However he was open and honest with me about the unfortunate situation I was in.

It’s my opinion that because of paperwork mistakes that were made at the direction miss Miller my deal was flagged as suspicious with Tesla‘s titling department. This took what should have been a mundane transaction and made it a 12week long nightmare.

As a result of my conversation with Mr Morena I should be taking delivery of my new Model Y on Friday. I found him to be reasonable and competent and as good of a messanger of bad news that I could expect. And I’m not one to shoot the messenger.

Hope this helps the rest of the community.