Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horrible Tesla Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bakersfield Tesla Service Center:

First off, they provided us a loaner in horrible condition, which should not be drivable. We have a 1 year old child and the vehicle they gave us has bald tires that can blow up any time. The front lower grill is hanging by a thread and the entire car was filthy. Completely filthy with a stench as if a skunk is living in the car.

What type of service loaner is this and why would they even let a customer drive this? It's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Secondly, the service technicians are not helpful at all. Our Model X has been to the shop 4 times within the past 5 months, two times regarding the same issue where it died completely without notice and left us stranded twice. It doesn't seem like they're actually taking care of the root problem. This is unacceptable and they keep charging a diagnostic fee when they should fix the root problem. Instead the technician, Daniel, states they change what the computer says needs to be "changed" and if another part fails after that then they fix it. Seems like they're just putting a bandaid over the actual problem. The other "tech" Cody, who I don't even think is a tech, kept giving us the run around like he knows everything, but when I demanded to speak with an actual technician he becomes afraid and finally sends me to Daniel. Our car has just been sitting at the service center and hasn't been touched in about a week. Battery charge continues to decline and they don't even plug it in. Last time they left us with 40 miles of battery and my home is 30 miles away from the center.

Anyone know who can I speak to regarding these issues and how can they educate the Bakersfield service center employees on customer care and service? I can't seem to find their customer service email as the old one is no longer being monitored.

We have 3 Tesla vehicles, the cybertruck on order, and Tesla solar. You'd think they'd provide with excellent service as we've made extensive purchases with them.

Apologies for the rant.

Attachments

• 20220525_082556.jpg
    20220525_082556.jpg
    498.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 20220525_082616.jpg
    20220525_082616.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 20220525_082548.jpg
    20220525_082548.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: Yuki Feng