Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horrific Delivery Experience - Delivery Refused

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sorry, but you sound kind of entitled as well. I, too, overstretched by budget and picked up an imperfect Model X, and I too complained, but you cannot expect perfection from the world's most imperfect car manufacturing company. We should take 99% of the things you noted as granted (at least right now).

This was still your fault. We all sign waivers that say every change is $500. Even Autopilot. You could have just waited until after delivery if you changed your mind on Autopilot, would've cost you the same.

• Tesla leaves key fobs in cars all the time. No one has ever stolen a Tesla waiting for delivery from the delivery center. In fact, there are dead zones in Model X where they leave key fobs all the time.
  • No one took your car for a joy ride. Your Model X isn't anything special — they are all the same. Why would they choose your particular one for a joyride? Tesla delivers dozens if not hundreds of these every day across the country. You can't blame Tesla if you're paranoid.

This is a known problem with almost every Tesla, not just Model X's. Tesla Delivery centers are tasked with detailing these cars to 100% because a lot of them incur damage while manufacturing or while shipping, and generally Tesla is not even aware of these. They are pretty honest with customers if they do discover damage. Mine had rough patches of paint all over, as well. I paid a detail guy to put ceramic coating on it, and he established a proper clearcoat over the car, fixing all known paint issues. Problem solved in under $1000.

Also, your car isn't the only one with panel gaps. They all do. I can't believe you're a 2nd Tesla owner and you didn't know this.

It sounds like all these problems are new norm for $50K+ car. And it sounds like $1000 fix is almost nothing. I hope you did not mean it. I understand that hopefully most buyers have a better experience. Tesla charge big for after warranty service, so at least I want to have good experience before that time come.

It sounds like all these problems are new norm for $50K+ car. And it sounds like $1000 fix is almost nothing. I hope you did not mean it. I understand that hopefully most buyers have a better experience. Tesla charge big for after warranty service, so at least I want to have good experience before that time come.

its not. the testimony of 4 new TMC members every 3 weeks does not constitute a fleet wide issue.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA