Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hot Roof headliner on Solid Roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a solid roof. I was told it was better for cold and hot weather in keeping the heat in during winter and not letting the heat in during summer.

Winter passed and was fine, heat worked well enough.

We're in the midst of a heat wave, and its weird. Sitting in the driver seat, i feel a heat draft coming from the back of the car. Im 6'0" so i sit very close to the ceiling of the car.

When i touch the ceiling, i can feel that the front area is not hot, but the rear passenger ceiling area is on FIRE.

has anyone else experienced this? Am i missing some insulation somewhere?

OP do you think the heat is being generated off of the liftgate window? When parked with the rear of the car facing the sun I know there's a lot of heat generated from the glass there. Thinking maybe the heat spreads forward and heats up the roof ceiling as time goes on. There's really no good air circulation in the rear at that point unlike the windshield area with the vents up front.

Are you sure the heat is actually coming from the roof or could it be possible the heat is coming from the rear hatch glass that has indirectly heated the ceiling?

Of course your car is black which is the worst color for heat absorption and not helping the situation.

i also have tinted windows all around. So it shouldnt be the liftgate window, but i'll check later today.

i found there to be a dip area in the front ceiling that seems cool to the touch. The rear ceiling area protrudes into the cabin is the area that is super hot.

If no other owner is experiencing this, i'll bring her into the service center. Maybe i'll get the silky smooth upgrade.

• Funny
Reactions: Snerruc