Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hotel La Jolla NEMA 14-50 gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ipdamages

Roadster Sport 835
Sep 25, 2011
Las Vegas Area
I'm at a conference in Del Mar, California today and tomorrow, so I chose to stay at the Hotel La Jolla because they have had a NEMA 14-50 available for Roadster charging. Much to my dismay, when I arrived last night I found out Thatcher have gotten rid of that outlet.

Happily, dadaleus (Jason) was able to set me up with his HPC, even though he is now out of town.

Thank you my EV brother! I look forward to seeing your Model S next time in town.

- Chris

Now has two Blink Network chargers, but only 17 Amps.

I stayed at the Hotel La Jolla this weekend because it was noted as EV friendly.
Some time in the last 6 months they swapped out their free NEMA 14-50 with two Blink Network stations.

When I arrived, the EV spots were filled with employee ICE cars. The attendant had me park in an adjacent handicapped spot where only one of the charger cables could reach.
207v, 17 Amp is probably fine for Leafs, but EVs that need 60+ KWHr of charge may want to look elsewhere.
The person working at the desk didn't know they previously had it. I get the impression that few people used it. When I stayed there the last time it was a similar experience in that they seemed to barely know they had it.