TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hotel Recommendations - Boston

Discussion in 'New England' started by Struja, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Struja

Struja "Fanboy"

Hello New Englanders.

I was hoping some of you might be able to help me with some hotel suggestions. I am coming to Boston (TD Garden - specifically), the weekend of August 17-19 and wanted some hotel ideal based on a few factors:

1. Charging convenience

2. Proximity to TD Garden

3. Decent hotel (doesn’t have to be 5 star but can’t smell like a strip joint either).

4. Good neighbourhood.

I’ve only ever been to Boston once so I am not all that familiar and would appreciate any thoughts. I’ve looked at PlugShare but I still really don’t know. Thanks.

2. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

The Garden is on top of North Station. The North Station Garage has 8 level 2 chargers. I have no idea what restrictions they have however: {{ngMeta['og:title']}} I have never charged there.

This lot nearby has chargers, again never charged there: {{ngMeta['og:title']}}

These guys are a bit farther away but they have a destination charger: {{ngMeta['og:title']}}

There are no bad neighborhoods in that area (anymore).

In that immediate area there probably aren't any cheap hotels. The cheapest seems to be the Holiday Inn Express:
    Google Maps
    Perhaps you can use that surface lot (second link above). My wife works in that area, I know it quite well.

Stop by here: Porters Bar & Grill - Boston my friend owns it!

• Like x 1
  3. Jsilva

Jsilva Member

The Seaport inn is about 2 miles away and offers free valet parking and charging if you have an EV. I have stayed there before and it’s a pretty nice place.

• Like x 1
  4. jlv1

jlv1 Member

We charged in that lot last year while attending the Climate XChange raffle drawing. Charging was free but needed a ChargePoint card to activate. Only downside is that it's a surface lot.

5. sgreenme

sgreenme New Member

Nine Zero on Tremont Street has a Tesla destination charger. We've stayed there a few times. Very nice hotel and the valet will charge the car for you.

• Like x 1