Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How about a drive in movie mode?

miracj

2021 Model Y LR AWD
Jul 15, 2021
Waltham, MA
I was at a drive-in movie the other night, and even though I had shut off the headlights, and darkened the screen, whenever I opened the door, it would turn on some of the cabin lights.

So ideally, I'd like a drive-in movie mode that did the following things
  1. Turn off all external and internal lights unless manually operated (The internal lights turned on every time someone opened a door)
  2. Lowered the screen brightness and blanked out the screen until touched (No screensaver like in camp mode)
  3. Maintain the cabin temperature controls like camp mode
  4. For those sitting outside the car, being able to play a radio station outside (this may already there, I didn't try it)
  5. Using the forward or rear cameras (depending on car orientation), display the movie screen and allow zooming into it. This would allow inside passengers to watch, especially in back seats, or in front seats if car has the rear pointed at the screen.
Other thoughts?

Impaler

'20 MY LR Black/Black, 20" induction w/FSD
Jul 5, 2020
USA
I was at a drive-in movie the other night, and even though I had shut off the headlights, and darkened the screen, whenever I opened the door, it would turn on some of the cabin lights.

So ideally, I'd like a drive-in movie mode that did the following things
  1. Turn off all external and internal lights unless manually operated (The internal lights turned on every time someone opened a door)
  2. Lowered the screen brightness and blanked out the screen until touched (No screensaver like in camp mode)
  3. Maintain the cabin temperature controls like camp mode
  4. For those sitting outside the car, being able to play a radio station outside (this may already there, I didn't try it)
  5. Using the forward or rear cameras (depending on car orientation), display the movie screen and allow zooming into it. This would allow inside passengers to watch, especially in back seats, or in front seats if car has the rear pointed at the screen.
Other thoughts?
Ty hat would be cool. I did a drive in combined with a camping weekend in the Model Y. I put the screen in screen cleaning mode and it kept it dark, as I needed the radio on to hear the movie.

Reactions: miracj

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC