Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How accurate are these email?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey Tesla community!
Just received an email from my DS I’m super excited to get my MX order date was May 1st got my Vin 11 days after.
Here’s the email

Hi Andrew,

I hope all’s well and you’re looking forward to your new Tesla: 6692 Auto Center Drive, Buena Park, CA 90621.

ESTIMATED TIMING

Please note that it’s normal for delivery timing to shift a few times, however, the Factory is estimatingthe car will be ready around 21st-24th of June. I'll request to schedule as soon as I've confirmation on a solid date from the Factory. We are in a waiting period until Factory confirmation around mid-June.

What you guys think?

Sounds legit. That's great!

We were told to expect a call on Monday to schedule delivery before the end of June. We just got a VIN yesterday. Our order was placed May 13. We are in Canada through, and have heard that they are prioritizing shipments here to avoid hitting 200,000 cars delivered in the US.

We are so excited!

DS called early in the morning - and should get the paperwork today - and hopefully get delivery early next week.

One wrinkle...

When our S P85 was delivered (in Texas) in January 2013, we had to pay for the car before it left the factory - which created some anxiety - especially after the delivery truck hit a deer in west Texas...

When our S 100D was delivered last year, Tesla allowed us to inspect the car before we transferred the payment.

And now they're back to requiring payment before the car is shipped from the factory. Unclear if this is a cash flow issue or because they aren't able to sell cars in Texas.

Even though we'd prefer to inspect the car before payment, we'll transfer the funds as soon as Tesla will take them - and get our X as soon as they can ship it here... And hope things work out!

hey Tesla community!
Just received an email from my DS I’m super excited to get my MX order date was May 1st got my Vin 11 days after.
Here’s the email

Hi Andrew,

I hope all’s well and you’re looking forward to your new Tesla: 6692 Auto Center Drive, Buena Park, CA 90621.

ESTIMATED TIMING

Please note that it’s normal for delivery timing to shift a few times, however, the Factory is estimatingthe car will be ready around 21st-24th of June. I'll request to schedule as soon as I've confirmation on a solid date from the Factory. We are in a waiting period until Factory confirmation around mid-June.

What you guys think?
As a former DS, I say trust it for the most part. They go based on factory estimates + a day for logistics + a day for PDI & detail. The holdup that can happen is end of line (EOL) repairs. If it goes into that, it's almost impossible to give an accurate ETA, but they almost always get them done before the last day of the quarter.

Update:
So for the cosmetic issues
1. The rear window has a small crack
2. Back bumper driver side is not fully attached stocking out by like .5 inches

After owning this car for just a few days it is amazing! Not trying to brag but man every where I go as soon as the FWD opens people ask to take pictures with it lol.

I tried the Christmas Easter Egg there was an issue where it starts and after 3 seconds it’ll stop. I end up figuring out the issue.
1.Make sure there’s plenty of space between the model x.
2.step out and manually close the door (make sure all windows fully rolled up)
3. Walk away from the car about 3ft
4. Press keyfob once center top and enjoy your show :)

Driving experience is amazing.
I noticed how the compressor could run pretty hard when it’s hot and trying to cool off your car causes major vibrations on the foot pedal that is normal to me as I happen to be a HVAC contractor working with compressors all the time.

I’ve gotten glitches a couple times with Bluetooth and the screen going static but a simple reset fixes everything.

Tried super charging for the first time. Went to McDonald’s eat come back fully charge less than 30min

Hope this helps! My overall experience is excellent!

Update:
So for the cosmetic issues
1. The rear window has a small crack
2. Back bumper driver side is not fully attached stocking out by like .5 inches

After owning this car for just a few days it is amazing! Not trying to brag but man every where I go as soon as the FWD opens people ask to take pictures with it lol.

I tried the Christmas Easter Egg there was an issue where it starts and after 3 seconds it’ll stop. I end up figuring out the issue.
1.Make sure there’s plenty of space between the model x.
2.step out and manually close the door (make sure all windows fully rolled up)
3. Walk away from the car about 3ft
4. Press keyfob once center top and enjoy your show :)

Driving experience is amazing.
I noticed how the compressor could run pretty hard when it’s hot and trying to cool off your car causes major vibrations on the foot pedal that is normal to me as I happen to be a HVAC contractor working with compressors all the time.

I’ve gotten glitches a couple times with Bluetooth and the screen going static but a simple reset fixes everything.

Tried super charging for the first time. Went to McDonald’s eat come back fully charge less than 30min

Hope this helps! My overall experience is excellent!
I always make sure the windows are down so it can be heard better. I've never had an issue?