Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can one tell if you have Full Self Drive enabled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just purchase a used 2017 Model X that I am going to be picking up on Friday. Other than what is listed on the purchase order is there a way I can confirm from the car if FSD is installed on the car before signing for it and/or driving off the lot?

Navigate on Autopilot is only available if the car has FSD.

Not true.

Navigate on Autopilot is ALSO available even if the 2017 car has no FSD paid but with Enhanced Autopilot paid ONLY.

Is there a way to confirm this before driving the car off the lot and/or signing for the car though?

It's easy to confirm whether your 2017 car has Enhanced Autopilot by going to the car's screen and click on "Autopilot" menu.

If it has Navigate on Autopilot, then you would have a minimum of Enhanced Autopilot.

There's currently no way of knowing whether you have 2017 FSD or not unless there's a payment proof such as a Monroney window sticker, or some other kinds of receipts.

Since it is over-the-air software, it can be there in your car one day and mistakenly taken away the next day so you need proof that the feature was squarely paid just in case.

Not true.

Navigate on Autopilot is ALSO available even if the 2017 car has no FSD paid but with Enhanced Autopilot paid ONLY.

It's easy to confirm whether your 2017 car has Enhanced Autopilot by going to the car's screen and click on "Autopilot" menu.

If it has Navigate on Autopilot, then you would have a minimum of Enhanced Autopilot.

There's currently no way of knowing whether you have 2017 FSD or not unless there's a payment proof such as a Monroney window sticker, or some other kinds of receipts.

Since it is over-the-air software, it can be there in your car one day and mistakenly taken away the next day so you need proof that the feature was squarely paid just in case.
You're terrific thank you!