Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can tell if Tesla has UHFS?

Jomak

Dec 27, 2018
ATL
I'm looking at cars and wanted to know how you know if a car has UHFS?

Some places list that, but other sites I don't think have a clue.

Russell

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2012
Silicon Valley
The easiest way to tell is looking at the pocket on the right side of the trunk.

You could also got to a Tesla showroom and listen to a car with and without UHFS.
This way you can judge for yourself if UHFS is worth having. I think it is.

This car does NOT have the subwoofer for UHFS
2013-Tesla-Model-S-Trunk-no uhfs.jpg

This car does
2013-Tesla-Model-S-Trunk-uhfs.jpg

Sprandt23

Sep 13, 2017
St. Louis
If you are looking online (I'm assuming for CPO Teslas), use ev-cpo.com to search. They pull the vehicle codes from Tesla's online listings, and you can search by option to see whether a vehicle has what you are looking for.

If you are physically in the vehicle, click on the audio equalizer/adjuster icon - if you see a check box at the bottom that says "Dolby Surround" then it would have UHFS. You can toggle this on or off depending on your sound preferences.

• Informative
Reactions: Fiddler and .jg.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC