Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How come Model 3 Used are £8,000 - £10,000 more expensive than Brand New?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where are you seeing this? The listings I've seen on Autotrader, etc have been more or less a few thousand cheaper than new. Not a massive amount, but they are nearly new cars at the end of the day, not sure why you'd think you'd get £10k off one?

It's also not indicative of sale prices either.

Oh no, of course I know the discount's won't be massive, but I've never seen a used one on autotrader or ebay or gumtree for less than even £40,000. I'd just be looking for the standard range plus in black. Don't need any bells or whistles.

£41,500 for the standard on Autotrader.

A new SR+ is £39.5K so £2K over list not £8K or £10K, still chancing someone is desperate enough to pay to skip the queue but it seems excessive. I don't think the wait is too long if the March estimate on their website is correct, a waiting list not a bad thing it keeps used values strong.

Reactions: ringi
Oh no, of course I know the discount's won't be massive, but I've never seen a used one on autotrader or ebay or gumtree for less than even £40,000. I'd just be looking for the standard range plus in black. Don't need any bells or whistles.

£41,500 for the standard on Autotrader.
if you are in a hurry then New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla might be your best bet. not much right now just some Black LR's, but all types do come up periodically. they often don't hang around though so if you are serious you need to check it daily. Mind you "inventory" does not mean they are actually on the ground in the UK most offered are still on a boat so there is still a few weeks wait even for them.

Out of interest has anyone ever managed any discount or freebies from Tesla in the UK? I believe there are discounts to be had in the US. I assume as the demand is high with waiting lists they stick to their guns over full retail price?

Out of interest has anyone ever managed any discount or freebies from Tesla in the UK? I believe there are discounts to be had in the US. I assume as the demand is high with waiting lists they stick to their guns over full retail price?
I have never heard of anyone getting any form of discount or freebie on an M3. The closest to that is the fact that they will normally hold the price that was there when you ordered if the prices go up afterwards or reduce the cost if it goes down.
I paid £1500 less than what the list price was on the day I collected for this reason.

Reactions: Durzel and seadog