Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How difficult is it to.....?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How difficult is it to add..
1) audible cross traffic alert when backing up? Even 20k cars have it these days
2) audible blind spot warning with or without indicator on, based on steering wheel turn?
3) multi stop trip navigation?

Reactions: DrivingRockies
This one already exists, but the system limits you to only allow superchargers as intermediate stop points (for now?)
Understand that, my question was more than charging stops. Multiple destinations that I can enter before navigation calculates routes. Assumption is it would calculate charging stations between stops

Understand that, my question was more than charging stops. Multiple destinations that I can enter before navigation calculates routes. Assumption is it would calculate charging stations between stops
The routing code is all there since it already allows you to do essentially that. Just need a bit of UI to enter intermediate stops/drop additional pins that don't override final destination, so I think the effort on this one is fairly low.

Reactions: VMark
The routing code is all there since it already allows you to do essentially that. Just need a bit of UI to enter intermediate stops/drop additional pins that don't override final destination, so I think the effort on this one is fairly low.
Not sure I'm following ---the routing code is there, but not working because the user (me) is too stupid to correctly insert pins? or has the interface not yet been written and we are all waiting on a release/update?

BTW - I find the mapping very good, but the route planning to be downright weird sometimes. Is there an improvement of the routing software in the works? by google, map quest, navagon - or even Tesla?

Not sure I'm following ---the routing code is there, but not working because the user (me) is too stupid to correctly insert pins? or has the interface not yet been written and we are all waiting on a release/update?

BTW - I find the mapping very good, but the route planning to be downright weird sometimes. Is there an improvement of the routing software in the works? by google, map quest, navagon - or even Tesla?

He's saying behind the scenes the API / code is in place to do way point routing ( right now limited to SC's ) and it wouldn't take to much effort to enable this for end users it would require some UI work on the touch screen to allow you to drop pins or enter destinations as waypoints.

You as a user can't do this yet, because Tesla hasn't given you a UI to accomplish this task. However the backend code is already in place, so theoretically if Tesla wanted to, they can update the UI and provide this functionality to you.