Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I contact Tesla regarding the car I recently took delivery (not my local service center)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was promised a free upgrade from EAP to FSD. I have it in text messages. I have it in email. My local service center now says EAP is exactly the same thing as FSD. I looked back to my old messages and emails and it clearly states those who bought EAP will get upgraded to FSD. It's not showing on my account. Everyone I talk to at my local service center says they are the same thing, which isn't true.

Anyone know the number to call to speak to Tesla directly? The number on google is just for sales or service.

Thank you

I was promised a free upgrade from EAP to FSD. I have it in text messages. I have it in email. My local service center now says EAP is exactly the same thing as FSD. I looked back to my old messages and emails and it clearly states those who bought EAP will get upgraded to FSD. It's not showing on my account. Everyone I talk to at my local service center says they are the same thing, which isn't true.

Anyone know the number to call to speak to Tesla directly? The number on google is just for sales or service.

Thank you

Current functionality wise, FSD is the same as EAP. We don’t know if those who bought EAP will get future FSD features (probably won’t).

tesla.jpg
Current functionality wise, FSD is the same as EAP. We don’t know if those who bought EAP will get future FSD features (probably won’t).

Attached is what my sales rep sent to me when the price cut happened and I wanted to cancel my order or refuse delivery. He told me since I ordered on Feb 4 and haven't been assigned a VIN, Tesla will upgrade my EAP to FSD ($5k value at the time). That was the only reason I didn't cancel or refuse delivery.

I get you are excited about your car but think I’ve seen you post about this in a few places already. Take a deep breath, you’ll get your account updated and as people have said right now with the EAP that you purchased on your car when you ordered it, you already have what is available right now.

The group that will add it to your account will be Accounts I believe. Don’t believe you talk directly to them. You can call Tesla Customer Service # and speak to a rep there who will send in a request to Accounts, although I believe what happens when Tesla does a promotion like this is that the database will search all owner accounts that fit a certain parameter (like has EAP and ordered before 2/28) and update those owners accounts to reflect the change. So I think your account will be updated automatically to reflect FSD when the batch of owner updates get applied to individual accounts. For example I bought EAP with my car and saw the computer system change my FSD update purchase price down to $2K when the promo was announced. Similiar accounts to mine also got updated at the same time. After the promo if you didn’t buy the accounts all went back up in price. BTW car OTA updates get pushed out in batches too.

I am sure Accounts is backlogged right now updating all the new owner accounts from Q1, which you are part of, as well as the recent purchases of current owners who did upgrades on AP and FSD during the promo.

And cancelling your car if you didn’t see FSD listed in your account would have simply been a stupid move. Tesla maybe slow on somethings but they comes through.

Last edited:
View attachment 391778

Attached is what my sales rep sent to me when the price cut happened and I wanted to cancel my order or refuse delivery. He told me since I ordered on Feb 4 and haven't been assigned a VIN, Tesla will upgrade my EAP to FSD ($5k value at the time). That was the only reason I didn't cancel or refuse delivery.

Hi Jonostastic,

have you had any luck with this? I’m in the same boat as I took delivery on Mar 1st and was told exactly the same thing that I would be upgraded free of charge. I’ve reached out to the delivery center a few times and they’ve yet to be able to get it to happpen.

Alan