Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service center left my car blinker on overnight at their yard.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Omg, so much fuzz about hazards being left on. You got any idea, how often the hazards are on while the car is being prepared for transport or delivery inspection? That’s before it even got delivered. It’s a convenient way to let the next station now, that the car is ready. Do you also worry about how often the horn is remotely triggered remotely to be able to find your car in a massive delivery lot? Get over it, if one of your indicators dies within 8 years, it’s a warranty issue anyways.

Im an electrical engineer and there is a life span for LED.
So am I (an electrical engineer).

Depending upon current most LEDs are rated between 30K and 60K hours. There are 9K hours in a year, so at a 50% duty cycle leaving it on 24 hours a day, even the lower grade 30,000 hour units will last 1.67 years.

A lot of time cruising with the ole blinker on getting honked at! :)

Just joking--kudos for being concerned about your baby.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Service center left my car blinker on overnight at their yard. My car and another vehicle on their yard blinker on.

Received a text message around 733PM that my car is available for pick up. They closed by 7PM. I checked my sentry mode and I see my car blinker is on so I immediately tried to call the local service center and someone answered (call center) and was told the service center were closed. I told her that I can see my car blinker is on. Someone should turn it off and the rep on the phone said, "I'm sorry, the service center is closed and no one can turn off the blinker" So I decided to drive all the way to the service center and so I can it turn off the blinker manually. It was around 830pm and no Tesla reps or security at the lot. What I did, I called again Tesla and spoke someone and told the rep on the phone that I will go turn off the blinker and that's what I did. After a few minutes a representative from Tesla Burbank came out about to go home and I told him why do they leave the blinker on. He said that they leave the blinker on overnight to know the car service was done and it wont drain the battery. My thought is even if it wont drain the battery that much, they should turn it off.
It will increase the wear and tear of the vehicle.

I am very disappointed, frustrated and furious how they handle my brand new car. I just recently got the card 2 weeks ago and it has only 87 miles on it and they will just leave the car like that. I had it service due the glove box misaligned, USB not working and one of the trim piece were replaced.

Im not agreeing on the rep what he told me that they can leave the blinker overnight. Any thoughts on it?
Did you try your phone key on any other car with the blinkers still on ? It’s possible that you could have opened those cars…after all, why should you let other people’s cars devalue faster than yours ?

• Funny
Reactions: buckets0fun
OP didn't say they were a good engineer.
Speaking of LED illumination which has taken over the world, I often have this mental conversation:

(Future generation): Gramps, how did you make light in the past?

(Me): We had a method where we used electricity and passed it through metal until it was white hot. Sounds crude but it works. Much better than in the past when people would use a flaming stick called a torch.

(Future generation): But didn't your generation also ignite dead plant material, then walk around holding the smoldering stuff between your lips so other people could see it?

(Me): Get off of my lawn.

True story. Installed a blinking led from Radio Shack on my shed as a theft deterrent back in 1994. It flashed constantly 24hrs a day. Finally got removed it when I decided to put new aluminum siding on the shed which was 4 years ago. Bottom line is, that led was flashing 24/7 for 26 years and was still operational.
remind me to check back in 26 years

Reactions: zoomer0056