Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I contact Tesla service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It sounds like a really dumb question, but I've got issues with my new Model 3. My car now has 135 miles on it and will not calibrate for autopilot or cruise. I know that can happen but I suspect I really have a defect since it's not showing any cars at all on the visualiser and the lane lines are very faint. Not sure if this means anything but the little blue circle that seemingly shows percentage completion of calibration looks like it's at about 5% and hasn't moved since I got the car.

I've tried both soft and hard resets. Called the 877 number on the car information window but it just routes me to a service center (not even the closest one), and they never pick up. The voicemail box is also full and I can't even leave a message.

I hear about people getting Tesla service to do software resets and other technical fixes over the phone all the time on these forums. What's the number I need to call to have that done?

What option are you picking and what time of day? During business hours there should be a technical support option. Sometimes I’ve had to go to Roadside Support and ask them to find me someone. This sounds like something that can definitely be diagnosed remotely, at least to start with.

If it turns out to be camera misalignment or something that needs a service center or that can’t be handled by mobile, they should be able to determine that. But remote diagnostics are always the first step and not tying up a service center slot.

The problem I have with the app option is that it’s difficult to include detail on what has happened and what you’ve done if it’s more than a few words. But it may do the job.

• Helpful
Reactions: Neon001
Thank you both. In calling the 877 number I tried several options but all this weekend starting yesterday around 3pm through today. Either get a recording saying their offices are closed or a transfer to local service center.

Really kind of bummed because I've got a long drive through at least 2-3 hours of rush hour traffic tomorrow morning.

I've scheduled a service appointment in the app based on your suggestion. My local center had no appointments necessary so I had to pick one about 90 minutes away in Lancaster, PA. Here's hoping mobile support will call.

Not a dumb question as I have seen a thread or two about new owners having this same issue. Maybe someone who has had this happen on their car can chime in on what eventually got their car calibrated. In the meantime I would search under all the forums for new owner and calibration issues. I've definitely seen people mention their screen showed it calibrating but hung at a certain percentage.

I assume your car's Details show Autopilot available and it's turned on in your control settings. Don't know if it would help but I would also try cleaning your cameras and sensors.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Neon001