Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I delete an abandoned response?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Yonki

Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2015
Pacific Grove, CA
I wrote a response to a post that I decided not to post. However at the bottom of every page since is that abandoned draft. Probably won't happen, but a little worried I might accidentally hit the Post button. Have deleted all the text, but it comes back on the next page. It also follows me from browser to browser, from machine to machine...

This is a great feature - there's nothing worse than typing 90% of your response only to have it disappear due to a web glitch - but it would also be great to have a "clear" or "delete" button for those items we decided not to post.

I wrote a response to a post that I decided not to post. However at the bottom of every page since is that abandoned draft. Probably won't happen, but a little worried I might accidentally hit the Post button. Have deleted all the text, but it comes back on the next page. It also follows me from browser to browser, from machine to machine...

This is a great feature - there's nothing worse than typing 90% of your response only to have it disappear due to a web glitch - but it would also be great to have a "clear" or "delete" button for those items we decided not to post.
I clear the text, then press space and wait for a few seconds until I see the brief "draft saved" message.

Doug, I tried that while composing this post. I clicked the "Save" icon (the graphic of the old style floppy disk) then clicked "Delete Draft" but nothing happened. The text shown in the reply window did not change.

I tried clicking "Save Draft" and then "Delete Draft" and still nothing changed. Apparently I'm doing something wrong...