Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink disappearing / GPS freezing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just have new service appointement made for 26/09. Parts are in stock.
The computer will also be replaced.

Screenshot_20230908-141619~2.png

Reactions: f308gt4
Dropped mine off first thing this morning, so will see what happens. Hopefully will be a quick fix.

Fwiw, they gave me a loaner S with the Yoke steering wheel (I have the regular wheel ). Very interesting. I do like that there isn’t any blockage of the dash, but it does feel a little more awkward to me than the regular steering wheel. I think I made the right choice for me by getting the regular steering wheel.

hopefully that fix works. i had opened a service ticket for my gps being inaccurate sometimes.
the worst part was when it was accurate, i'd park at home and it'd be fine. but when i check it a few hours later, the GPS randomly jumped to some location i previously drove by, even though it had been parked in my garage.

while waiting for my mobile service, i decided to clear out and uninstall the Tesla app and reinstall. unsure why, but that fixed all my GPS issues 🤷‍♂️

I picked up the car. First thing I did was open up the service menu and check the cameras. Everything was green under the GNSS menu, so that’s good. Drove the car home, homelink worked as it’s supposed to and parked in the garage. After a few minutes, I checked the service menu again and got the Orange icons under GNSS, which is to be expected since the car was in garage. Took the car out, drove around the block, and when I checked again in the driveway, everything was green.

So it looks like it’s fixed, which also fixed the home link issue I was having when starting this thread. Hopefully this is my final update with this issue. I’ll post again if something does come up.

I hope everyone else that posted in here with issues gets them resolved, and please update us when it happens.

I picked up the car. First thing I did was open up the service menu and check the cameras. Everything was green under the GNSS menu, so that’s good. Drove the car home, homelink worked as it’s supposed to and parked in the garage. After a few minutes, I checked the service menu again and got the Orange icons under GNSS, which is to be expected since the car was in garage. Took the car out, drove around the block, and when I checked again in the driveway, everything was green.

So it looks like it’s fixed, which also fixed the home link issue I was having when starting this thread. Hopefully this is my final update with this issue. I’ll post again if something does come up.

I hope everyone else that posted in here with issues gets them resolved, and please update us when it happens.
Got mine back today as well... gps antenna did NOT fix the issue for me. The replaced the Car Computer as well with an updated part number... car has been perfect since I picked it up... the said the computer was definitely the issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230913_210747_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20230913_210747_Tesla.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 36
Got mine back today as well... gps antenna did NOT fix the issue for me. The replaced the Car Computer as well with an updated part number... car has been perfect since I picked it up... the said the computer was definitely the issue.

Glad to hear that it is fixed for you!

Mine has still been working correctly. I’ve been trying to make lots of small trips, and periodically checking the service menu- I am getting satellite reception so it appears that it was just the antenna in my case. Have you checked your service menu? I get something like this now:

IMG_6496.jpeg

Glad to hear that it is fixed for you!

Mine has still been working correctly. I’ve been trying to make lots of small trips, and periodically checking the service menu- I am getting satellite reception so it appears that it was just the antenna in my case. Have you checked your service menu? I get something like this now:

View attachment 973702
My car has been absolutely perfect since it's been home. They reached out to check on it. They were happy that there was a new part number for the car computer that they installed. Hope yours is as good as mine!

Well, mine was working well for about 2 weeks until yesterday. Now the GPS is completely frozen again. Have tried resetting several times and made a few trips, but it remains frozen. Sigh.

Took screen shots of the frozen screen + service menu indicating that there are zero satellites and no GNSS fix and sent to Tesla service. Have an appointment with the service center at the end of next week. Wish me luck.

Just have new service appointement made for 26/09. Parts are in stock.
The computer will also be replaced.

View attachment 971935

How did your service appointment go?

@f308gt4

Unfortunately, gps worked for 6 days but this morning GPS location stuck again.
Been in service already 4 times for this problem. GPS antenna changed and last week computer.

After 6 month still nothing solved ....

Oof, that’s terrible. Do you have lemon laws in your part of the world? Or some other recourse? If you replaced the antenna and the computer, I don’t know what else would fix it.

I'd like to draw your attention to two separate issues I have had recently, see links to my entries:

1. GPS problems

2. HomeLink MyQ problems

I'm not sure these are similar to what you have experienced, but it is food for the thought.

I'd like to draw your attention to two separate issues I have had recently, see links to my entries:

1. GPS problems

2. HomeLink MyQ problems

I'm not sure these are similar to what you have experienced, but it is food for the thought.

Thanks for the links.

I think my Homelink issue was related to GPS. Once the antenna was replaced, for the ~2 weeks that the GPS worked, the Homelink worked perfectly. Now GPS is frozen again, and thinks I’m somewhere else when I get home. So Homelink icon doesn’t come up. Going back to the service center on Thursday.