Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I know if my Tesla Solar setup (no PW) goes down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently got PTO on my Tesla Solar setup (no PW) and watching my data like a hawk. When I’m bored of endlessly staring at the numbers go up and down, how do I keep tabs if my setup is having any issues, especially if things go down to zero, when grid is up and it should be producing?

I can’t see anything in the app about solar notification settings and have purposefully turned off the Tesla Inverter without anything that would have made me aware that it was off. I’d hate to potentially go a month without production and only become aware when I look at my utility bill.

Any suggestions on a non-hacky way to be made aware of issues, or something I’m missing that’s built into the Tesla ecosystem? Thanks

Before I got my powerwalls is used a home energy monitor. There's a bunch of them out there but I used "Sense Home Energy Monitor (Home Sense - Sense.com )". In the app I had an alert setup of a zero productivity day. Last year in March it caught my inverter dying and I was able to get it replaced and only missed 1-2 days of solar production while the unit was being replaced.

Before I got my powerwalls is used a home energy monitor. There's a bunch of them out there but I used "Sense Home Energy Monitor (Home Sense - Sense.com )". In the app I had an alert setup of a zero productivity day. Last year in March it caught my inverter dying and I was able to get it replaced and only missed 1-2 days of solar production while the unit was being replaced.
Thanks for that suggestion but I did get a Sense monitor since I wanted to verify some seemingly inaccurate numbers the Tesla app was reporting but I feel it’s not something I want to keep in the long term, especially to only monitor if my system is producing or not.

I recently got PTO on my Tesla Solar setup (no PW) and watching my data like a hawk. When I’m bored of endlessly staring at the numbers go up and down, how do I keep tabs if my setup is having any issues, especially if things go down to zero, when grid is up and it should be producing?

I can’t see anything in the app about solar notification settings and have purposefully turned off the Tesla Inverter without anything that would have made me aware that it was off. I’d hate to potentially go a month without production and only become aware when I look at my utility bill.

Any suggestions on a non-hacky way to be made aware of issues, or something I’m missing that’s built into the Tesla ecosystem? Thanks
Tesla I’m told does the monitoring for the customer. When a tech was out a few days ago to fix my Neurio issues I asked him if all he does is drive around in the Tesla truck fixing problems in Texas. He said some but a huge part of his job was also monitoring as well. They probably have some cool tools and alerting they use.

Still might be good to take a baseline and compare every now and then.