Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you get Spotify or tidal to play right when you hop in car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you tried running Spotify right through the car entertainment itself? I sometimes run the Tesla music and it runs and stops and starts on entry and exit. I believe Spotify in car (Not from phone app) would run same as that would be the selected audio on entry and exit.

Haha. I’m also wondering the same thing. It’s either U2 or David Guetta playing on startup For me. We must have gotten that music for free a few phones back. The native Spotify app on the car doesn’t always load so I’ve lost faith. Plus, i like the gapless playback when using the phone and using Alexa auto.
Have you tried disabling Apple Music on your phone? Wondering if that will do it.

My issue is that I listen to the music loud and if I don’t turn it down before getting out, I’m treated to some really loud music when I get back in
When you get in it will automatically duck the audio to a quiet(er) level. When you hear that spin the left scroll wheel down before you close the door and it auto-unducks. Best option if you forget before exiting.

One other suggestion. My last car (now my son’s) has CarPlay and I had a similar issue. I got around auto play restart by setting up an automation shortcut that whenever the phone was connected to CarPlay or disconnected from CarPlay (by cable or Bluetooth) the short cut ran to pause playback. This has continued to work in my Tesla. If you are and iPhone user and have not played with shortcuts or automations in shortcuts, it is super simple to set up.

1. Download Apple Shortcuts app and then open, tap on automations (bottom).
  2. Tap on the “+” in the upper right.
  3. Tap on “Bluetooth”
  4. Tap on your BT device (your car) and it will be checked
  5. Tap done in upper right
  6. Tap next
  7. Tap add action
  8. Tap Media
  9. Scroll way dow and tap play/pause (it should than say play/pause on iPhone
  10. Tap next
  11. Tap done

07988GTD7z79HexJ1ln-eCyiw
01RI1bOdiWTeyiUgh4npGy-jw