Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you get status of title paperwork being mailed out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been about 7 days since my delivery.
Mine went like this ...

Understand that in Louisiana - no temp tag will be issued without the DMV packet. My car is essentially bricked until I get the packet. I gave up a trade on the assumption that I would get a packet in 7-10 days. Tesla is misrepresenting this and should be HONEST with their customers.

Tesla advertises 7-10 days, so after delivery we emailed our delivery guy on the 7th day. He responds, "Oh you received your car, we will get that packet out in 7-10 days". (Tesla is waaaaaaaaaay behind and this buys them additional time). The paperwork shows that my car was delivered on 7 days after receipt - the day I called.

On the subsequent second 7-10 day period we contacted them and were promised that it would be sent out right away. We waited a few days and no packet. We contacted Tesla back by email and they started "ghosting us".

Subsequent phone calls, emails, promises that eventually became LIES.

I eventually got my packet on Monday - The total process ended up being 40 days from actual receipt of car.

Tesla is pushing manufacturing limits in the factory, but it is very clear that his support system is not scaling equally. As a new Tesla owner, it concerns me that service will be an equally impossible situation.