Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does it take 4-6 months for new reservations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also think projecting order conversions from that initial batch onto later reservations will overstate the number of orders for first production vehicles.

In other words, if you plunked down $1k sight unseen or a year early right after the announcement, you are probably more likely to be able to afford 50k vs 35k than someone who placed an order six months later.

Interesting to say the least....

As an Online non-owner who reserved on 4/28/16, Tesla still indicates a July - Sept estimate.... Based on this, any new reservation for the same model (LR RWD PUP) only pushes out 3 months longer than my 2+ year reservation....

I also thought it interesting, that Troy's estimator 4 weeks ago, showed an mid August delivery.... But now shows a mid November delivery.... even though, Tesla cut their delivery estimates in half....

It's clear that any estimated delivery is a moving target and if Tesla's newest estimate hold any weight, having a 2+ year reserve only buys you a few months...
Sou

That's messed up man. I preordered a year ago May 2017, and have the same exact estimate. While your probably in the July group and I will be in Sept. I guess a year only buys you a couple months as you said.
Ooops Wrong quote :p
Interesting to say the least....

As an Online non-owner who reserved on 4/28/16, Tesla still indicates a July - Sept estimate.... Based on this, any new reservation for the same model (LR RWD PUP) only pushes out 3 months longer than my 2+ year reservation....

I also thought it interesting, that Troy's estimator 4 weeks ago, showed an mid August delivery.... But now shows a mid November delivery.... even though, Tesla cut their delivery estimates in half....

It's clear that any estimated delivery is a moving target and if Tesla's newest estimate hold any weight, having a 2+ year reserve only buys you a few months...