Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does the BMS treat the 60D with nerfing and degredation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the 60D is actually a 75D right? So Charging to 100% every day should be fine correct? With battery/charge gate going on with nerfed batteries, and people losing range from regular battery degredation, will the BMS keep allotting more battery to keep the 60D at 200 miles of range, or whatever the equivalent battery capacity is? Or does it get nerfed as well?

In other words, I hear the 75D actually has something like 72kWh usable. But maybe with 10% degradation it gets to 65kWh. So a 75D user sees their range drop to 210 or thereabouts. Does a 60D owner start with 60kWh out of 72kWh usable? And with 10% degredation, do they get down to 54kWh usable? Or does the BMS keep it a 60kWh so long as it is available (in this example with 10% degradation on the original 72kWh, we are still above 60kWh)?

Thoughts? Does my question make sense?

And with 10% degredation, do they get down to 54kWh usable? Or does the BMS keep it a 60kWh so long as it is available (in this example with 10% degradation on the original 72kWh, we are still above 60kWh)?

Thoughts? Does my question make sense?
Yes, the question makes sense, and no, they do not take the degradation only out of the top unused end to keep you at 60kWh forever. That would be a bit too generous if owners could choose to get the 60 version just to immunize themselves from any degradation. That would be a sweet deal. The limitation of the 60/75 is basically treated as a set proportion of the total, so if the whole thing degrades in capacity, your usable portion of it will be reduced too.