Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How dusty is your 2021+ refresh drivers display getting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since day 1 I had debris in between the plastic lens and the screen on the drivers display. After 6 months a lot more dust has accumulated. Obviously it's just going to get worse and worse over time. Unfortunately the service center said that it is not serviceable as it's a sealed unit and there isn't anything they can do to clean it out. Anyone else getting bad?

It's most notable when the sun is directly shining on it but can be seen on most bright days for me.

They really should have either made this sealed or added some sort of filter so that when the air passes in it keeps the dust out.

Attachments

• IMG_2619.jpg
    IMG_2619.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 149
Normal, sadly. It’s not actually sealed since apparently the HVAC system blows there to keep condensation building up. Both my 2021 and 2022 S have had varying amounts of crap back there. I only tend to notice when the sun directly hits it, but it’s certainly a design flaw (one of many).

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
I was glancing at mine the other day and swear I noticed the top is open to the cabin air. Not sealed at all. But I didn’t look that close. I have not had to much problem with it.
No, the top and bottom are the vents for HVAC and are isolated from the display. That said, there is a port on the side where HVAC air passes through the front of the display, but behind the clear plastic cover to eliminate condensation. I thought there was a tiny filter on this, but I've not seen it. So far I've not had any dust appear in the display, but I only have 6K miles.

This parts diagram shows the front instrument assembly is isolated from the airflow assemblies that sort of surround the top and bottom.
Insturment Panel.jpg