Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How far does your front door open when pressing door button?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anecdotally, my front doors always pop out ~1" or so, enough to tell a first-timer that the door is open. My rear doors, however, don't do this. They just unlatch and if the passenger exiting doesn't apply force to the door at this moment, the door would relatch and the button would have to be pressed again. So I always tell my first-time rear passengers to push the button and swing out at the same time.
Yup - I do the same thing for all doors.

Reactions: Deslah
Anecdotally, my front doors always pop out ~1" or so, enough to tell a first-timer that the door is open. My rear doors, however, don't do this. They just unlatch and if the passenger exiting doesn't apply force to the door at this moment, the door would relatch and the button would have to be pressed again. So I always tell my first-time rear passengers to push the button and swing out at the same time.

My front and rear doors behave exactly as yours do. My front doors pop open about an inch upon button press. The rear doors do not.

Reactions: Deslah