Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How it's Made (Model S) : Velocity channel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For Tesla fans. The show How it's Made which airs on the Velocity channel is doing a segment on the Model S. It's actually a repeat I believe from 2015. Good show that explains and shows vehicles being made from the ground up. It is on tomorrow Sat. 5/21 . Their description:
Picture your dream car: it probably looks like a Tesla Model S. Have you ever wondered just how that machine was made? Join the How It's Made crew as we go to its birthplace, revealing the inner workings and gorgeous exterior.

So my post here got moved off to the "snippyness" thread; I admit the first line way slightly snippy, and didn't seem to me to be objectionable, but c'est la vie. So I'll paste in the unsnippy part of my post.

Thanks for the tip, Chopr147. After reading your post, I was scrolling through the guide while watching TV on Saturday, saw How Its Made, looked at the episode, and it was the Model S episode, so I got to watch it. Would never have seen it without your post.

Interesting that they didn't show anything about the battery pack construction.

So my post here got moved off to the "snippyness" thread; I admit the first line way slightly snippy, and didn't seem to me to be objectionable, but c'est la vie. So I'll paste in the unsnippy part of my post.

Thanks for the tip, Chopr147. After reading your post, I was scrolling through the guide while watching TV on Saturday, saw How Its Made, looked at the episode, and it was the Model S episode, so I got to watch it. Would never have seen it without your post.

Interesting that they didn't show anything about the battery pack construction.

I saw that, mine were moved too but it was valid in my case (except for the first one, someone must have hit the sensitive suzy button). This forum is more yuppie oriented than what I'm used to so I guess the mods have to watch out for the easily offended, which is fine. This thread has been moved as I originally said though so it seems they agreed with my original statement. Swift and balanced justice. #batman

Suggestion to the mods (not a joke): An "Old News" or "Alzheimer's Anonymous" (ok, that part was a joke) sub-section for Model 3s where rerun threads and constantly repeated questions could be moved to instead. That way the main car section is kept somewhat streamlined and members don't have to sift through a lot of fluff to get to the good stuff. Its not as off-putting as deleting the threads but it would help solve a small but fast-growing problem in the Model 3 section. #babblingbrookofBS

Alternatively, you could leave it the way it is and throw a few more ads in that section. The Model 3 section over the last month alone could fund this site for years. By the time the 3 comes out, the TMC could afford a company cars for every mod lol. #retirementfund #betterthan401k #WWJDforaklondikebar

Last edited: