Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How laggy is your touchscreen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's browser is a custom build of Firefox, so it may actually have WebGL, and you are likely to see similar browser performance results as some version of official Firefox on the same hardware.

Ah, that's good to know. I will look into re-enabling the output of the rendering-information, which also would indicate the GPU actually installed and used by the infotainment system. I assume it's some older version of Nvidia's Tegra... at least that's what I recall from some old rumor-mill mumblings.

Expanding a little, they're running a custom build of Debian (some say Ubuntu but this seems unlikely to me), so if you can get terminal/root access...:)

Having worked at Canonical (commercial sponsor of Ubuntu) for over eight years, hacking my own the Tesla is up there in the top five things to do with it :)

Best regards...

MacSlow

After getting my classic P85 back from the Service Center for 75K mile maintenance - they erased all of the navigation history.

Since getting my car in early 2013, the slow response times are usually corrected by rebooting the touchscreen console. And when that didn't work - plus one time it did take also deleting the long navigation history (one line at a time) to get the navigation software responsive again.

Though... for cars with AP, isn't the AP system also using the same CPU? If so, that could cause performance issues, especially since AP would be written to have higher priority than the user interface.