Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long before SA contacts you and best way to search out a SA

How long before a SA contacted you

• Same Day

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Less than 2 days

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • 2 days - 1 week

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • 1 week - 2 week

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • 2 week - 1 Month

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • > 1 Month

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So... I know I'm being impatient here but it's been 2 weeks since I ordered the car and I've not been contacted at all by a SA or Tesla since the initial "Thank you for your order" email. Personally I think that sucks for a 50-60k purchase but hey that's the Tesla way.

Question I have is can I proactively get a SA (as I have a few questions including possibly searching out a Stealth) or do I just have to wait until somebody contacts me? I'm probably just going to call up my local service center and try and talk to someone but does anyone know a better way?

I've come to the conclusion that SA's know jack sh*t. This Forum provides more information than any SA will give you. Any time i ping him to get an update, I'm responded with 2 or 3 words, with no clearer picture or answer. At least lie to me, something!
I've almost stopped asking him questions, i'm so done with him. I understand that it isnt his fault, but his lack of CS exceeds my patience. For now, i'll just sit and wait in silent misery lol.

Why do you have to use acronyms for which may have multiple meanings? If you are talking about Service Adviser, is your life so full that you can't add a a few more letters?

Or since you may be referring to a delivery advisory, they won't reach out until a few days before delivery, essentially as the car gets on the lot.

• Disagree
Reactions: Haeffelin
So... I know I'm being impatient here but it's been 2 weeks since I ordered the car and I've not been contacted at all by a SA or Tesla since the initial "Thank you for your order" email. Personally I think that sucks for a 50-60k purchase but hey that's the Tesla way.

Question I have is can I proactively get a SA (as I have a few questions including possibly searching out a Stealth) or do I just have to wait until somebody contacts me? I'm probably just going to call up my local service center and try and talk to someone but does anyone know a better way?

Same here. I have never heard from an SA, and I had to contact a delivery manager to know who it was. All I got was an e-mail address, so I can't bug him.

You can proactively get an SA, but I really think they are all just who they are. You can get a communicative one or a quiet one. They're not on commission, so it's a crap shoot.

Why do you have to use acronyms for which may have multiple meanings? If you are talking about Service Adviser, is your life so full that you can't add a a few more letters?

Or since you may be referring to a delivery advisory, they won't reach out until a few days before delivery, essentially as the car gets on the lot.

Bit harsh.... If I could update the title I would....

Reactions: dandrewk
Same here. I have never heard from an SA, and I had to contact a delivery manager to know who it was. All I got was an e-mail address, so I can't bug him.

You can proactively get an SA, but I really think they are all just who they are. You can get a communicative one or a quiet one. They're not on commission, so it's a crap shoot.

Yep I hear you. I just wanted to let someone know that IF a stealth came along I might be interested in it. I'll just try cold-calling my deliver center and see what happens

I also only got the order email. However, it does say in the email to reply to the email if you have any questions/problems. I did email a question and got a response within 1 hour. Not sure if the person replying is my Service advisor or not because it only has his first name in the reply with no identifying title. Who knows, maybe he’s the janitor there? LOL!

There is no reason for anyone from sales or delivery to contact you because they have nothing to talk to you about. Until a VIN is assigned to your account they have no idea when your car might be ready so there is nothing for them to discuss. And they are way too busy to just call and say hello or see if you have any questions. You’ve already placed an order so the sales team is going to spend their time talking to other prospects, not existing customers awaiting delivery.

Reactions: Haeffelin
There is no reason for anyone from sales or delivery to contact you because they have nothing to talk to you about. Until a VIN is assigned to your account they have no idea when your car might be ready so there is nothing for them to discuss. And they are way too busy to just call and say hello or see if you have any questions. You’ve already placed an order so the sales team is going to spend their time talking to other prospects, not existing customers awaiting delivery.

There are posts that indicate the sales advisor can look up your order number and find a tentative manufacturing week, if there is one. I will ask my sales adviser tomorrow. Hoping for some good news.

Hello, guys. I want to order Tesla model 3, what can you say about it? who had already bought, are you satisfied with the purchase? How was the delivery? I would not like to order it and throw so much money down the drain if I don’t like it or that it just doesn’t reach me... can I track it somehow? where, by the way, can I find my postcode, is it ok https://postcodefinder.net/england/manchester here?
I think you'll find, all throughout the forums, that people are extremely happy with their purchases. What they're generally disappointed with is the communication and customer support that Tesla offers.

Also, consider the fact that Tesla has made thousands of these cars, and you're getting a small subset of very vocal people on these forums. The average owner does not have a forums account and just uses the car day to day.

No good way of tracking your purchase. This is why lots of people get upset :)

Lastly, I'm pretty sure you have 7 days or 1000 miles, after delivery, to return your car for a full refund (minus the $100 order fee).

Not sure about your postcode, sorry.