Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2023.44.30.8 hung up - Service Center trip required??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased my Model Y late November 2023 and it has done several updates since then with no problems. About 10 days ago it downloaded 2023.44.30.8 and the car display shows "downloading 2023.44.30.8", a full green bar and 0 B/s. The app. shows "downloading 2023.44.30.8 (100%) and a spinning wheel. I tried steering wheel reboot and changing tire size reboot and no change. I put in a service request outline the above and it said I would be contacted "shortly". After over a week of waiting I called Tesla and they said they would send a text to the Jacksonville service desk to contact me. Two days later with no contact I suddenly got a message that a service appointment had been set up for a month from now!

Is that the way they normally respond to a request? I would have thought that they might have contacted me and tried to reboot it from their end (I've seen many posts saying that was done) or at least say "hey, we tried to fix it and unfortunately it has to come in for service". I'm just a bit confused about how their system works.

My trailer hitch wiring controller was bad at delivery (great QC) and it took over a month and 6 hours at the service center to get that fixed (they replaced the entire hitch with a new one to fix the controller). The service center is an 80 mile one-way trip so it's not the most convenient thing.

Have others had to go to the service center to fix hung up downloads?

Is 5 to 6 weeks the standard for fixing Tesla's? I really like the car but if this is the standard, I'm not sure I'll do this again.

They fixed something remotely. After driving home last night, it asked if I wanted to install 2023.44.30.8 now or schedule it for a later time. I had it installed now, and it was a success! Fingers cross that it doesn’t hope back to .7
Good to hear - hopefully the method will be broadcast to other service centers so they don't have to go thru the drive and two+ day repair at service center.

Upvote 0
Good to hear - hopefully the method will be broadcast to other service centers so they don't have to go thru the drive and two+ day repair at service center.
What's interesting was the 3rd time I requested Service, they added a category for "Software Update" which didn't exist as before as you had to submit the update issue as Other. I think adding that software category helped with navigating the update issue to the correct team.

Upvote 0
i just got my model y delivered 5 days ago, and i'm experiencing the same... ie. the car display shows "downloading 2023.44.30.8", a full green bar and 0 B/s.... however, my app shows it's till needs software updating... I've done everything I could to troubleshoot, but no joy.. @Dr. D Flier were you able to resolve? I'm in the process of asking for service here, but not holding my breath for a reply anytime soon from Tesla. My entire purchase / delivery experience has been a *sugar* show.

Upvote 0
i just got my model y delivered 5 days ago, and i'm experiencing the same... ie. the car display shows "downloading 2023.44.30.8", a full green bar and 0 B/s.... however, my app shows it's till needs software updating... I've done everything I could to troubleshoot, but no joy.. @Dr. D Flier were you able to resolve? I'm in the process of asking for service here, but not holding my breath for a reply anytime soon from Tesla. My entire purchase / delivery experience has been a *sugar* show.
Schedule a service appointment and have them fix it for you. They should have enough experience/information on their side now.

Upvote 0
Yes, they fixed it but it was in service center for 2 days to do it and it took about 6 weeks to get an appointment. Good thing was it did not at all affect it from a driving point of view so I just kept driving it.

Upvote 0