Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long does DashCam keep recording after parked?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like for me disabling "Standby" mode did not do anything. I had "Standby" option disabled all weekend and this morning still could see recordings about 20 minutes after I parked car.

Yours stop after about 20 minutes?
Others have reported that theirs don't stop at all. This seems like the car thinks you are still in it. Once you put the car in park, it will shut down after approximately 15 minutes even if you stay in the car.

Looks like for me disabling "Standby" mode did not do anything. I had "Standby" option disabled all weekend and this morning still could see recordings about 20 minutes after I parked car.
Didn’t do anything for me either. Except interestingly enough removed the “come to me” part of summon that was on the home screen of the Tesla App. The summon to a spot part of the app works the same and has no delay at all. regardless I think we’re stuck with this dashcam “feature”.
just to be certain I deleted my Stats app and went back to the OEM Tesla phone app for the weekend. Just want to eliminate all possibilities. But Alas nothing different.

I have the same situation with my latest Model X with the latest firmware. Sentry mode is off, dashcam feature is on, usb only keeps the last hour before the USB is unplugged.

Sentry mode on my car has many false alarms (even when it's extremely quiet in the garage for testing with no loud cars driving by). My biggest request for Tesla is the ability to enable Sentry mode for its motion recoding with phone notification BUT without alarm sound.

Reactions: quickstrike12