Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long does it take TESLA to register new user on APP.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey,

I am buying a TESLA this Monday (P85) and wanted to know how long does it take TESLA to update the vehicle ownership and when can i start using the app?

After i sign the papers, i will call TESLA and let them know I am the owner..what are the next steps?

thanks

In my case, it took almost a month before Tesla added the car I bought privately to my Tesla account. In addition to the documentation that I emailed to them (registration, driving license, etc.), Tesla also waited until they received confirmation of the transfer of ownership from the previous owner. The previous owners had gone to a holiday home in another country and their domestic staff only took interest when I suggested that my service would be booked on the previous owner's account.

Email Tesla Customer Support they will do nothing over the telephone. I had to remove a sold tesla. and was requested to email them a copy of my ID and all paperwork related to the sale of the Tesla. After following thier instructions it took another three weeks for it to be removed. Good Luck