Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long is one supposed to wait?!?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone-

I ordered my Y back in September 2021. Currently my delivery date has consistently been pushed, but landed on a July-ish timeframe. It remained there for quite some time, but now it says October! Is anyone else having to wait over a year for this car? I find it quite amazing that people wait that long. Is there any advise or insight on this?

Thanks!!!

Hey everyone-

I ordered my Y back in September 2021. Currently my delivery date has consistently been pushed, but landed on a July-ish timeframe. It remained there for quite some time, but now it says October! Is anyone else having to wait over a year for this car? I find it quite amazing that people wait that long. Is there any advise or insight on this?

Thanks!!!
My EDD just changed to 9 Sept to 4 Nov.

Upvote 0
My EDD just moved 30 days further out to between mid-May & mid-June for a Model YLR with white interior. I live in suburban Chicago & placed my order last October. I am okay with this further delay as long as my Y comes from Austin. Others seeing similar delays?
@Badgerfan Welcome to the forums. Could be a few things that pushed you out, but if the first time, I wouldn't worry too much everyone is sliding out some. My order was in August with my Profile complete on Nov 1. Seems my EDD is in line with other Late Oct and early Nov orders and is also Mid-May - Mid-June. See my signature below.

Also, please go ahead and post your configuration and order date in the Illinois Waiting Room thread.

Upvote 0
What’s your order date and current EDD? When did you try to add FSD?
I didn't. I switched my LR order from 2/7 with an EDD of Sept-Oct on Saturday afternoon to a P. Sunday morning I got a VIN and a message that it was ready as soon as Monday.

My point here is that these threads show a lot more stories about taking this route versus the FSD. It doesn't show us what the Tesla secret process is, and more than anything reflects that a lot more people are willing to pay the 5k for the P than commit to the software still in development that you could buy later.

Reactions: Horty4
Upvote 0
Can I ask why not upgrade to the MYP? From what I’m reading and seeing it’s a significant improvement as far as wait times go and sacrificing minimal range.
I have considered that, but don't really have a speed need, Mostly I do not like being controlled by any company. If Tesla would have a dialog with their current and future customers I am sure something could be worked out.

Reactions: Horty4
Upvote 0
I have considered that, but don't really have a speed need, Mostly I do not like being controlled by any company. If Tesla would have a dialog with their current and future customers I am sure something could be worked out.
My OD was 5 days after yours with same original EDD of Jan 22. Don't care for the speed nor any of the other P upgrades over the base MYLR but with Tesla just de-prioritizing base MYLR orders (my last EDD jumped to AUG-OCT 2022), who knows when they'd actually deliver?

Changed my order to MYP 5 days ago and I'm waiting for delivery in 40 mins... I expect Tesla's shenanigans are going to cost them customers when there is actually viable competition in a few years...

Upvote 0
My OD was 5 days after yours with same original EDD of Jan 22. Don't care for the speed nor any of the other P upgrades over the base MYLR but with Tesla just de-prioritizing base MYLR orders (my last EDD jumped to AUG-OCT 2022), who knows when they'd actually deliver?

Changed my order to MYP 5 days ago and I'm waiting for delivery in 40 mins... I expect Tesla's shenanigans are going to cost them customers when there is actually viable competition in a few years...

Ford Mach-E orderers are just as angry. My GTPE (top trim) will be placed, built, and shipped before my first Premium order (lower trim but most popular) even has a scheduled build date. Basically my Premium order has waited 6 months for a build date and 2 future months are fully booked then add 2 more months for building and shipping. The GTPE will take a total of 5 months from OD to delivery if current dates hold.

Upvote 0
Ford Mach-E orderers are just as angry. My GTPE (top trim) will be placed, built, and shipped before my first Premium order (lower trim but most popular) even has a scheduled build date. Basically my Premium order has waited 6 months for a build date and 2 future months are fully booked then add 2 more months for building and shipping. The GTPE will take a total of 5 months from OD to delivery if current dates hold.
Agree, and I think you are being too kind to Ford. I also ordered Mach-E premium and It is a complete cluster-flower. There’s no information on where I’m in the queue, any estimate time (not even a bill park figure), everything is just 28+ week. No one has any clue. I honestly think Tesla is doing as good as job it can be with EDD. You know the exact wait time when you place the order based off the color and options you chose. And for most people, the delivery time is fairly accurate +- a few weeks, if not arriving earlier. There are always exceptions but so far I’m impressed with their EDD guess-timate.

Upvote 0

I feel like you just proved that it won’t. And they made more money

Upvote 0
My OD is 8/16/2021, Current EDD July 11 to August 22. Honestly I know the EDD can be pushed further, at this point I just completely frustrated, and just ignore it. Maybe it will be delivered by Christmas, or next spring, or next Christmas, who knows? This sucks. I have no idea how the average 120 days of waiting comes from. Most people here waited at least twice that long.

Upvote 0