Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since my search came up with no relevant topics I figured I'll start a waiting room for anyone else who is waiting for their order in Illinois. I ordered my MYLR to be picked up from the highland park SC.

On my first visit on the 22nd they had a TON of cars waiting for delivery. On my second visit this past weekend it seems like they got through the majority of that inventory. Hoping I picked a pretty competent SC - my other option was Schaumburg.

Reactions: backeis
pretty similar dates but I ordered a M3LR white/white with sport wheels. Ordered 6/7. ED 7/26 - 8/25, 7/24 - 8/13, 7/16 - 8/5, 8 to 12 weeks, 7/11 - 7/31, 7/6 - 7/26, 7/12 - 8/1, 7/17 - 8/5, 7 to 11 weeks, 7/18 - 8/5...

ordered out of HP.

hahahaha wow i can't believe it took almost a month to get another post in here.

interesting how Tesla didn't M3 orders into a tailspin by making ED "september" and it seems like instead has stuck to consistent windows.

Jbomb if i were to guess, I'd say your going to get yours before I get mine since your window seems to have narrowed to ~2 weeks

hahahaha wow i can't believe it took almost a month to get another post in here.

interesting how Tesla didn't M3 orders into a tailspin by making ED "september" and it seems like instead has stuck to consistent windows.

Jbomb if i were to guess, I'd say your going to get yours before I get mine since your window seems to have narrowed to ~2 weeks
I've been bouncing around quite a bit but since last week I've been at 11-17 weeks...

Fellow Illinois participant in the waiting room here. Ordered my car on 5/23 (everything standard except silver paint), and that delivery date just constantly gets pushed back. Latest update is 9/11-9/30, so who the hell knows when it'll actually show up. I'm in Chicago, and when I did the test drive back in May, the lot down here was completely loaded with cars. Drove by there about a week ago and I don't even think I saw a demo model.

Here's hoping a bunch get delivered over the next few weeks.

Reactions: jbomb
I emailed my SA at HP (Marino) how my order is looking and how accurate the ED is on the website, he didn't have any further insight about my order but he said that they have a lot of cars arriving over the next several weeks so atleast there's hope!
I have an update from my discussion with a SA at Naperville location from Saturday. They got an exact same configuration as I ordered as a demo vehicle on Saturday. He said he had few customers with May orders scheduled for delivery last week of July. This lines up with what your SA told you. The location in Schaumburg (My SA) said they will receive a shipment this Wednesday and cars will be arriving over the next several weeks.

I have an update from my discussion with a SA at Naperville location from Saturday. They got an exact same configuration as I ordered as a demo vehicle on Saturday. He said he had few customers with May orders scheduled for delivery last week of July. This lines up with what your SA told you. The location in Schaumburg (My SA) said they will receive a shipment this Wednesday and cars will be arriving over the next several weeks.
Did you get a sense of whether this shipment is for VINs that have already been assigned out? It never seemed clear to me if the general scenario is you get your VIN at some point before/during shipment, and then delivery is approximately whenever it arrives.

Reactions: vvkp
Did you get a sense of whether this shipment is for VINs that have already been assigned out? It never seemed clear to me if the general scenario is you get your VIN at some point before/during shipment, and then delivery is approximately whenever it arrives.
Usually VINs are assigned prior to leaving to the factory based on the information I got here. This makes sense to ship the required inventory to a specific location. This shipment as I was told is to fill the May orders at Naperville location. Westmont usually gets more inventory as per the SA at Naperville location.

Usually VINs are assigned prior to leaving to the factory based on the information I got here. This makes sense to ship the required inventory to a specific location. This shipment as I was told is to fill the May orders at Naperville location. Westmont usually gets more inventory as per the SA at Naperville location.
Hmm, wish my SA would give me any kind of useful info. I ordered mine on 5/23 and the EDD was just pushed back again to 9/15.

Another Chicago area participant waiting on a MYLR. Blue/Black. Standard everything else. Picking up at Naperville.
Ordered 5/22 but left it as cash transaction since I didn't want to do 2 rounds of financing application since I saw how long they were taking for deliveries.
Finally put in the financing 06/30. My dates had been sitting pretty steadily at July 20 - August 9 (with some wild swings a few weeks ago).
It's now started to creep up. I'm at Aug 1 - Aug 12.
It gets a little frustrating when all my family members keep asking if the car is here yet!

Reactions: ajs847
Well, there's been some movement on my MY ordered on 5/22. I finally got a VIN yesterday with the ED of October. No range just October. This morning the VIN is still there and the ED has changed to 7/31-8/6.

I'm suddenly more hopeful!
Well that has me a little optimistic. I ordered a day after you with the same customization except Silver instead of Black. I keep trying to tell myself it’s not coming soon, so I’ll stop checking all the time. This is bringing me back to my old ways!

Well, there's been some movement on my MY ordered on 5/22. I finally got a VIN yesterday with the ED of October. No range just October. This morning the VIN is still there and the ED has changed to 7/31-8/6.

I'm suddenly more hopeful!
If the EDD range is only a week, then it will likely happen. When picking up the car, make sure the car has PPF installed on the rear doors. If not, make an appointment on your mobile app to have it installed later. Sales reps don’t remind you of this.

• Helpful
Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
If the EDD range is only a week, then it will likely happen. When picking up the car, make sure the car has PPF installed on the rear doors. If not, make an appointment on your mobile app to have it installed later. Sales reps don’t remind you of this.
Thanks for the PPF info. I hadn't heard about this coming with the car. I've already looked into PPF and tinting. Is this something new?