Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long should annual service take? In hours?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Annual service is something that can be performed in a couple of hours, especially with the 1.5 and having all the proper equipment and steps documented to do so. The two times I had taken my Roadster in I'd leave it there for a couple of days just so they'd have wiggle room with the techs to work on it. But if they're running their schedules efficiently, I don't see an issue with that time-frame.

The key is asking for the break down of what indeed they're servicing and checking.

Reactions: dhrivnak
I recently took my 1.5 in for its annual service and a TPMS sensor replacement at the Torrance SC (which specializes in Roadster service in So Cal). Dropped it off at 9:00am and got the call it was ready around 3:00pm.

Five hours for an annual service is doable if the technicians have the necessary experience with Roadsters and the shop is operating efficiently.

Reactions: dhrivnak
The Roadster's service is basically removing the PEM and cleaning it.
Removing the PEM and cleaning it is the most time consuming task but they have a long list of things to do. They check the the refrigerant, all the fluids, check brake pads, flush the coolant every 4 years, install latest firmware, perform a bleed test and a host of other things. If the tech has experience and nothing goes wrong they can do it all in 4 - 5 hrs. It often takes longer.

No, it was still $600 for me this year. Did they include some additional services?

In the text message, it looks like they would also perform a brake, coolant, rear diff fluid flush and refill. I guess it would make sense that it added to the cost, but I asked for the annual maintenance only. How often should these fluids be changed out? Should I perform those additional services?

My annual was $600 recently but it's different at each SC. In addition I paid to have my brake fluid flushed which you should do every other year. I can do it myself but it's a messy job, at least when I do it. It's worth it to pay Tesla for that task. I asked for coolant flush as well but they told me it only needs it every 4 years.

My annual was $600 recently but it's different at each SC. In addition I paid to have my brake fluid flushed which you should do every other year. I can do it myself but it's a messy job, at least when I do it. It's worth it to pay Tesla for that task. I asked for coolant flush as well but they told me it only needs it every 4 years.

I've had my car for 3 years, and haven't had the coolant flush yet, so I think I'll go ahead and get that done too. It's been sort of slow to communicate with the Fremont SC, through texts and phone calls. They must be really busy getting everything ready for mass production of the Model 3. Their SC has shrunk considerably since I was there last year.