Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

How long should I keep being patient for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my car at the end of the June Ontario delivery push. Off the bat, many issues discovered, noted, and told will be fixed, including:
Slight deformity in frunk
Bubbled "leather" liner on driver side door
Scratched rear passenger window
Crumpled felt liner near windshield
Nicked steering wheel leather

Since taking delivery, within the first day-two, found:
LTE randomly shuts off, and requires screen restart to return
Car frequently found with screen crashed on entering car, requiring restart
Passenger side plastic misalligned and sticking up near footwell
Music has split second skips (happens with streaming and phone connected music)

Recently noticed soft plastic piece on passenger side under the car drooping... looks like the car is bent, but actually just some soft piece of something that is starting to droop down.

In mid August, after hearing absolutely nothing, I contacted the service center and been assigned a service person who told me I was "on their list". Only request was to send pictures of screen each time LTE drops, which I've been doing. Nothing has changed, and as you can see above, more issues are being added (!). I live about 2 hours away from the nearest service centre, and don't really want to have to make multiple drives in the winter back and forth for this to be fixed. I know there's a huge backlog of waiting, but what is "reasonable" to wait? When do people jump to the "escalate" button I'm told exists somewhere on the tesla website or car screen?

I realize these are a lot of relatively minor issues, but this is not a cheap car. Others I've bought at 1/3 the price had no issues. They weren't nearly as awesome, but it's still starting to bug me (that's not even mentioning how dirty the car was on the inside when I picked it up). What are people's thoughts? Advice?

I had:bubbling issues with the molding around the windows. The rear doors were a bit misaligned and required a hard slam to fully close. Excessive road wind noise from one side of the car. One headlight was not properly aligned with the front bumper. Minor paint blemishes. All were addressed at the service center except for the paint blemish which requires a body shop, which Tesla will issue a repair order for.

The LTE and screen issues may be a software issue or may be something else. I suggest bringing it into the service center and getting a loaner from Tesla while they figure it out.

Reactions: MXWing
So do I make an appointment? Just show up? Sorry, just the experience is a bit odd... when you take your mazda for a part repair/replacement, they order the part and tell you to come once it has arrived. I am under the impression that parts are on the way, in theory, but there is no ETA, and it has been several months. It's a bit of a drive for me, so that's why I don't want to waste a day driving 4 hrs round trip just to be told to wait...