Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many miles did you get for your first full charge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine showed 317mi on my first full charge (which I also did after about 2 weeks). It sounds like there's a bit of a range that people have seen. What I'm not clear on though is if driving habits affect the reported range or if it's purely a mapping from battery SoC/capacity to estimated mileage... Most people seem to think so, but I haven't paid close enough attention.

305 sounds like the low end of normal. I got 311 on first full charge, after about 3 weeks and 900 miles with all previous charges at 80% or 90%, usually with a few days of driving between charges.

What I'm not clear on though is if driving habits affect the reported range or if it's purely a mapping from battery SoC/capacity to estimated mileage...

It is a direct mapping of battery SoC to mileage based on the EPA test cycle (245 kwh/mile, I believe) but the assessment of the SoC can drift a bit over time. Supposedly deeply discharging and then fully charging can recalibrate that algorithm.

299, but it was below freezing, figured that played a role. I'll try again now that it's warm and compare.

Edit: and to clarify, that is what the push notification reported when the car completed charging so it didn't sit and lose miles, it stopped at 299.

To the best of my knowledge the mileage of any EV depends on few factors : (1) weight ( number of passengers ), (2) Wind resistance ( if you happen to drive into high head winds and (3) Battery load/usage- electrical subsystems in operation - AC/Heater/ Lights etc. So exact comparisions are difficult... so if you are getting ~ 300 miles at full charge - be happy- and enjoy the drive!