Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many watts is the onboard sound system and what types of speakers does it have?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The model 3 audio sounds awesome, however not going to lie I do wish it had more power. I feel like I had more bass frequencies from the $200 powered sub I put in my last car. Maybe I just need to figure out better EQ settings.

The model 3 audio sounds awesome, however not going to lie I do wish it had more power. I feel like I had more bass frequencies from the $200 powered sub I put in my last car. Maybe I just need to figure out better EQ settings.

well yeah 150 watt subwoofer....Saying that, if you are simply after more subbass there might be an aftermarket swap kit. Not sure if Tesla used thick enough wires to power a higher wattage subwoofer. With a Sedan imho 300-400watt is minimum.

Too much bass is a bad thing. When I am sitting in rush hour traffic, and the car behind me is playing some dumb "music" and the bass goes so loud it vibrates my whole car, I do not think of what an awesome sound system the guy behind me has. Rather, I think of how big of a jackass the person behind me is.

There is of course always a limit but in a Sedan you have on the one hand the issue of phase cancelation as well as trunk sound isolation which makes the bass sound a lot quieter inside the main cabin and also that the whole trunk acts like a giant speaker to the outside.
Not much which can be done about it. A 200W subwoofer is enough to make the neighborhood shake when the trunk is open but will sound relatively quiet while driving.