Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much does your electricity cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time for solar?
I wish man. I sold solar for Vivint before I retired. I had a tech from my company come to my house and do a survey. Unfortunately there is a beautiful old River Birch blocking my southern exposure. My CFO (my wife) will not allow it to be cut down. I’m inclined to agree with her as it’s really beautiful.

11 cents summer rate, just under 10 for winter. No TOU options in Kansas yet. Gas is about 2.30-250 a gallon for regular.

For tax purposes I figured out my charging cost was bout $400 from August - December 2018. If I had been driving an M3 my fuel cost would have been closer to $1400.

I needed new tiers for the P3D+ - costs me $22 to drive my usual 200 mile round trip for one day.
I can no longer go back to ice cars they are too expensive to run.

FYI - when you replace your tires please only go with oem - I got the Michelin Pilot Sport but not the exact kind and you can tell the difference in the road grip- acceleration and cornering.

Reactions: Nocturnal
Manitoba - I'm paying about 8.527 cents (Canadian) per kWh. That's about 6.4 cents US. In March I drove 1430km and used 563kWh more than the previous 2 years' March readings - so $C48 ($US36). Cold weather city stop-and-go range is not very good. For January, where it's -25C, I drove 1062km used 816kWh more than average of previous two years.($C69.58)

Compare that my BMW 328 would go through 2.5 tanks of gas (60litres each, $1.20/l) and cost $C180 for equivalent 1000km city travel distance.

On my current ETOU-B plan with PG&E, I'm paying $0.21894 when charging after 9PM. When the switch is made to the EV-A plan, it'll be down to $0.12559(summer)/$0.12866(winter) after 11PM. Jealous of those paying < 5 cents. But, gas is $4.29 around here so I'm still expecting to save more than $3K/year if the early numbers hold up.

I do have solar panels, so since I started driving my M3 this past weekend, I'm still generating more electricity that I'm using. Sure this will change once it gets warm enough where I'm using the AC a lot both in the house and car. Also, I got the solar panels last Fall (when I wasn't expecting to get the M3) and the M3 last December (because I wanted the $7,500 tax credit this year to buy stuff), so I likely don't have enough panels to offset the charging over the course of a year. After a year of driving and charging the M3, I'll see about adding more panels and maybe 2-3 Powerwalls.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck