Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much have you spent on mods?

How much have you spent on modding your car?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Barely anything now with just some frunk struts. Whenever my tires wear out I plan on getting 19" TSS wheels, MPP comfort coilovers, and maybe get the brakes painted red too while they're at it so that'll be around $5-6k.

Maybe the categories could be a little more discerning. The first category of $0 to $5000 is a pretty big range! To get outside of that, you'd have to do full PPF and or suspension/wheel mods. Anything else and you're going to be lumped in the first category.

I did a whole bunch of things, but it'll never add up to over $5k. DIY Partial PPF, DIY OEM spoiler, Qi charger, stickon blindspot mirror, trunk and frunk gas spring, Hyundai Genesis compact spare, plug gun, air pump, jack, rear deck cloth, ceiling screens, door gaskets, dash cam, head cushions, console wrap and organizer, USB stick, windshield reflector, Tuxmats, CF mudflaps, and i'm sure some other stuff, but it won't add up to over $5k.

XPEL XR window tint
Replica wheels
Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 studded winter tires
XPEL partial PPF wrap full front, a pilars, lower part of doors, rocker panels, wheel wells and top of rear bumper.
Wireless phone charger
Car mats and other accessories

They’re not all mods... some of these are necessary accessories.
Still overall around $6K CAD.

10-15k??

List?
Wheels + Tires = $4800
Coilovers + Install = $3200
Color-Change Vinyl Wrap + Chrome Delete = $2300
Ceramic Window Tint (Did it twice. First time wasn't dark enough) = $930
Front Lip Spoiler = $450
CF Mirror Cap = $150
Floor Mats = $400

TOTAL = $12230

That's not counting the smaller mods and accessories. I'm sure if I added those up I'll be close to 13K.

Reactions: GuyDude and SiNiSon
Maybe the categories could be a little more discerning. The first category of $0 to $5000 is a pretty big range! To get outside of that, you'd have to do full PPF and or suspension/wheel mods. Anything else and you're going to be lumped in the first category.

I did a whole bunch of things, but it'll never add up to over $5k. DIY Partial PPF, DIY OEM spoiler, Qi charger, stickon blindspot mirror, trunk and frunk gas spring, Hyundai Genesis compact spare, plug gun, air pump, jack, rear deck cloth, ceiling screens, door gaskets, dash cam, head cushions, console wrap and organizer, USB stick, windshield reflector, Tuxmats, CF mudflaps, and i'm sure some other stuff, but it won't add up to over $5k.
Yea sorry I thought about dividing it into 0-2.5K and 2.5-5K but I didn't want to make the list too long. But you're right. Some people don't do major mods so 5K is kinda high. If I could edit the poll I would.

My whole reason for doing the poll is because someone recently asked how much I spent on everything for my car. I didn't think it would be that much (under 10K) but when I added it up I was surprised how much I actually spent!

I'm in the 0-$5K group, here's a breakdown of my mods and pricing that I paid:

• PPF Full Front + Ceramic Pro: $2,000
  • Ceramic Tint: $600
  • Exterior Mods: $1200 (Tesla Performance Letters, Door vinyl wraps, paint red calipers, powder coated satin grey wheels, TSportline lowering springs + alignment)
  • Interior Mods: $100 (White performance dash, Performance pedals, Ultra bright LED lights + Tesla "T" on driver/passenger door)

I'm in the 0-$5K group, here's a breakdown of my mods and pricing that I paid:

• PPF Full Front + Ceramic Pro: $2,000
  • Ceramic Tint: $600
  • Exterior Mods: $1200 (Tesla Performance Letters, Door vinyl wraps, paint red calipers, powder coated satin grey wheels, TSportline lowering springs + alignment)
  • Interior Mods: $100 (White performance dash, Performance pedals, Ultra bright LED lights + Tesla "T" on driver/passenger door)
How much did you pay for the painted calipers? Pic of the T on driver door?