Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much is "Premium Connectivity" subscription?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is been up for over a year now and is outdated. Also it is not accurate since no one who has had the Premium Connectivity for over a year has been charged. There is no evidence it is even in the planing anymore and may have been abandoned as too much trouble or........

Oh it can't be that much trouble; I've had it temporarily for about 15 minutes after a software update before I guess Tesla figured out I shouldn't have it. They have all these options lying around for raking in extra revenue that they don't pursue, which I find a bit odd but it is Tesla. I mean they were issuing SR+ downgrade refund checks before they even offered an SR -> SR+ upgrade path (still haven't). It's like they're more willing to give you money back than take it.

Ok this is a case of seeing what you want to see. First Tesla would not have said YOUR TESLA they would have said, Model S and X.
Your Tesla assumes everyone who reads the tweet/article. But all that aside... I know this to be true. And no I wont tell you how. If you don't want to believe me that's absolutely fine by me. I give no shits.
Tesla say that Youtube/Netflix will require a WiFi connection which SR+ can do WITHOUT Premium Connectivity. If Youtube/Netflix are app based which is likely then the service could be unrelated to Premium Connectivity.

Reactions: MP3Mike
I thought it was mentioned somewhere previously by Elon that it would be browser based, which would open up video services beyond just Netflix/Youtube. Apps though would be ideal for those w/o the web browser.
Don't recall saying browser but Tesla did say WiFi and Parked only. Also only said YouTube and Netflix. All this would be a lot harder to control in an open source browser. That is way I think it will probably be app based.

Don't recall saying browser but Tesla did say WiFi and Parked only. Also only said YouTube and Netflix. All this would be a lot harder to control in an open source browser. That is way I think it will probably be app based.
Here we go. He mentioned this during the Ride The Lightning podcast. Elon said it's easy to port Netflix b/c you'd just be going through the browser (40 minute mark). Some video apps are just just mini browsers redirecting to a website (pretty sure this is the case with YouTube apps for TV and streaming devices). It would be nice to have more video support via the browser so I can also stream live TV like on PS Vue or DirecTV Now or HBO Now.

Ride the Lightning: Tesla Motors Unofficial Podcast: Episode 200: My Elon Musk Interview

How people hate missing deadlines like this and try to be made an exception. Ordered mine car as soon as I was able to since I wanted the AWD version and made the cutoff. Didn't get the option before ordering to order white seats though and think I would have lost the free connectivity if I had changed the order, but was happy enough getting my AWD order placed and getting the free premium connectivity. You win some, you lose some. Hopefully you can be happy with what you have.

I'm happy with my Tesla purchase.

But, not everyone is monitoring Tesla news all the time. I wasn't paying much attention when I received the invite to order especially I wasn't expecting the invite and it was a middle of my vacation. Anyhow, I do hope to have my premium connectivity pass 1 year mark.