Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Downloading update stuck at 0%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I downloaded 2023.20.8 just fine a few days ago. Almost the next day there was another update, 2023.20.9. However, it will not download. It just stays stuck at 0%. The connection is fine because I can access browser, stream music, see maps, all other connectivity works.

I have tried the following:
  1. Use another router (iphone hotspot)
  2. Scroll wheel reset on car
I created a Tesla ticket under "Software" but it does not formally create a trackable ticket. It just tells me someone will reach out to me but nobody ever does. Not sure where to go from here.

Do both the app and the touchscreen show the download as being stuck? Do you still see 2023.20.8 as the installed version?
the app doesn't even show 0%, it just says 'downloading update' (normally it does list the % so it sounds like it's stuck on actually even starting the update). the touchscreen shows 0%.

and yeah, the installed version in app/car shows 2023.20.8.

Do you have a service center nearby? I've heard that if you just get close to the service center the car will automatically connect to their wifi and it may download that way. That's completely anecdotal, though.

I had an update hang up one time and had to take it to the SC where they had to manually install it.

Do you have a service center nearby? I've heard that if you just get close to the service center the car will automatically connect to their wifi and it may download that way. That's completely anecdotal, though.

I had an update hang up one time and had to take it to the SC where they had to manually install it.
as luck would have it, i do have one only about 2 miles down the road. if it comes to it, might take it down there. they are always totally packed though.