Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much super charging is considered too much for good battery health

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like they swapped out the 72KWs for V3s. I haven't been there for a while. Its awesome how things are improving so fast!

Its the business I-70, not the freeway version. It isn't too bad except for when one gets close to the mall and traffic backs up. 5 minutes is ideal but can be more.

I haven't actually charged at these but, I believe there are crazy routings necessary to get back to an entrance or exit from I-80 that can take time. I see that it is 7 minutes for the Hy-Vee one back to I-80 westbound, with several traffic lights. You're welcome to dig into the details yourself if you really care that much. They definitely are not easy on/off at an interstate interchange though - you know, where they put gas stations and truck stops.
Agreed the older Lincoln location is kind of like Grand Junction. It can easily take more than 5 mins to get there from the I80 exit if you're unlucky with traffic (I haven't been to the new one yet). Madison and Eau Claire WI, Rockford and Rolling Meadows IL, Rotterdam and Guilderland NY are all SCs that it's taken me > 5 minutes to get to from the interstate. On the map they're close but on/off can be a pain. Navigate a route from the thruway to the Rotterdam SC for an example.

The best superchargers I've been to (on those same road trips) are the ones at the Indiana and Ohio toll road service plazas. We were going to stop there anyway and now plug in when we do. Those stops are now *faster* than they used to be driving an ICE because you can't be in the rest area while the gas is flowing.

I am fairly sure that is no. The functionality that real V4 Superchargers are adding is being able to supply different voltage levels, such as the 400V of the existing cars or the higher 800 or 1000-ish V of the Cybertruck. The existing S, X, 3, and Y can't use 1,000V, so they won't get anything new from V4 Superchargers.
AFAIK, all of the existing "V4" Superchargers have 250kW capacity.

Even if they can do 800V, if they are limited at 250kW, it doesn't make a difference.

It's the 350kW EA chargers or hopefully 500kW Tesla chargers that will make a difference to the Cybertruck.