Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much to repair torn undercarriage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time I've driven a Tesla and I'm definitely not used to how fast it accelerates. I drove too fast into a parking spot and the bottom of the car scraped the curb pretty hard. When backing out, a large piece of black plastic broke off from the bottom of the car (I think it's the undercarriage but I'm not sure of the terminology). I actually did this at the dealership lmfao so we asked the people there to take a look at it and they said that the damage wasn't critical but we should still get it fixed. How much would this normally cost to repair? My dad wants to do it himself and the replacement part online is 900$ which seems... excessive. Also how long can we safely drive with the piece broken off? Attatched is an image of the piece that has been haphazardly taped together.
20220604_121709.jpg
20220604_121715.jpg

First time I've driven a Tesla and I'm definitely not used to how fast it accelerates. I drove too fast into a parking spot and the bottom of the car scraped the curb pretty hard. When backing out, a large piece of black plastic broke off from the bottom of the car (I think it's the undercarriage but I'm not sure of the terminology). I actually did this at the dealership lmfao so we asked the people there to take a look at it and they said that the damage wasn't critical but we should still get it fixed. How much would this normally cost to repair? My dad wants to do it himself and the replacement part online is 900$ which seems... excessive. Also how long can we safely drive with the piece broken off? Attatched is an image of the piece that has been haphazardly taped together.View attachment 813862View attachment 813863
Did you ever figure it out? Lol this just happened to me just now and trying to see the costs.

Upvote 0